1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 7 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 12, 2020.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Cumberland College says keep running the score up, Tigers.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Easily. Probably 100 if they'd really wanted to. It was one of those days where not only is it a mismatch, but the dominant team was clicking pretty well on both sides of the ball.
    Also, Georgia Tech scored on a long touchdown pass in the first quarter to tie this game 7-7. So Clemson outscored them 67-0 over the last 3 1/2 quarters.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Play a game against Mississippi State and get back to me about most annoying sounds. If I ever hear a cowbell again, it will be too soon.

maumann likes this.
  4. maumann

Six hours from now may change my mind, but as of right now:

Bammer is probably very good.
    Georgia is probably the next best, but there's a huge gap between 1 and 2.
    Vanderbilt sucks.
    The other 11 teams are woefully mediocre and will end up in varying stages of 6-4, 5-5 and 4-6.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Well, this is another interesting development. A week ago, Mullen was basically virtue-signaling to Ron DeathSantis and Trump, suggesting this flu thingy wasn't a big deal. And now?

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It's almost as if ignoring the precautions enables one to get the disease easier!

7. Sam Mills 51

Nice to know the Democratic Hoax knows karma.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Arkansas had nowhere to go but up but they might be one of the most improved teams in the country.

And if I'm Ole Miss's backup QB, who played a lot last year, I'm hitting the transfer portal ASAP.

9. Sam Mills 51

Cumberland would not have pulled Trevor Lawrence after the first possession of the second half.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Seconded. I hate them. NCAA theoretically has a rule about no mechanical noisemakers.

Riiiiiight.

11. maumann

Last week, my father predicted the Gators were done playing this season. He may be way more right than I believed at the time.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

There's no way Gus survives.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted