1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 7 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I'm pushing hard for no family Thanksgiving gathering this year. Regardless of the election outcome, they'll have plenty to say and I just don't want to deal with them right now.

Wenders, Hermes and maumann like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

When the next conference realignment talks get going, can they please address the absolutely implausible, unworkable beast that is Conference USA? With every canceled or postponed game in that league, Old Dominion calmly sits back and says, "Told ya so."

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Was just talking about that and came to the same conclusion. It’s pretty bitter here as my wife might not survive another Thanksgiving. Maybe find a place that does some version of thanksgiving take out. Or chicken parm.

maumann likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is just immediate family for us, and not my daughter since Bordeaux is far away and a two week quarantine isn't worth it for a long weekend. My son and his fiancee, and that'll be it. My brothers winter in Florida. I ain't going there.

maumann likes this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Florida-Missouri pushed back from Oct. 24 to Oct. 31. They didn't specify which year.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

At least ODU had the decency to announce that they were not playing on the front end. Rice dithered around, announced a delay and the suspension of practices, missed their first six games (three cancelled, three postponed) and the hard part of their schedule which shaped up as five losses and a win against Lamar, then popped up and said "Ok, we're ready to play now!". So far as I'm concerned all six should be outright forfeits.

8. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Bitter as in, your wife just can't take another Thanksgiving with family, or as in, your wife might not be here for another Thanksgiving? If it's the latter, I'm so sorry to hear that. If it's the former, I can totally relate.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

We’re having my in-laws, my sister and her husband. Nine total. My wife’s aunt and her husband are staying away; they’ve barely left their house since March or April.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

All you need to know is that Butch Davis is now the head coach of that program. He's quite the accountable sort.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

She’s stage 4 Triple Negative Breast Cancer. Metastasized in too many place to name. 5 year survivor and fighter.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Saban coaches today, Alabama might win by 90.

Draft saved Draft deleted