1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6: Dirty Bird edition of the NFL Today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 11, 2016.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

And the Giants stop the Ravens on fourth and 5 near midfield only to take a braindead roughing-the-passer call.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Its a pussy league with these baby penalties

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Part of me says I shouldn't celebrate the Titans squeaking past bad teams, but then the other part remembers that's more than they could do last year.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And, assuming Baalke still has a job, they will blow the pick.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It's not that it was violent, it was that the Giants DL took about three steps after the release of the ball before hitting him. Ended up OK for Big Blue, mostly because Joe Flacco missed a wide-open Mike Wallace at the 10. The way both teams managed the end of that game made me yell at my TV and I'm not exactly an X's and O's guy.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The guy took two and a half steps after the ball was gone and hit the quarterback. It was a stupid play by the Giants, not a bad call or a bad rule.

The end of that game was ugly as hell with dumb penalties by the Giants and Flacco missing wide open receivers at least twice.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

In other news, the defending NFC champions are 1-5. ???

8. outofplace

When the Eagles blew out the Steelers a few weeks ago, I was left wondering if Philadelphia is really that good or Pittsburgh just didn't show up. I think it is a bit of both, but today's games lead me to believe it was more the latter than the former. The Eagles are showing some serious flaws and two stinkers on the road begins to form more of a pattern for the Steelers.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Rain and grass just taking root over the baseball infield making Chiefs-Raiders an adventure.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Packers look like crap. Rodgers looks like Rick Vaughn out there, Lacy's the only tailback they dressed and has a clearly bad ankle, and they're down to only two corners (because they only dressed three), and the last one looks completely lost out there.

Oh, and the Cowboys are pretty good. Frankly, that doesn't make a lot of sense. Kind made fun of how highly rated Elliott was in fantasy, but he's a horse. As for Prescott, how did none of this surface in college?

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah - Was it Wallace or someone else wideeee open in the right / upper corner of the end zone at the end of the game? It didn't seem like the announcers caught it, because they were rushing to get off the air, but that's what it looked like to me at first glance.

12. outofplace

Part of that may have been defenders reacting to the throw, but there were two plays earlier on the drive on which Flacco had Wallace open for good chunks of yardage and perhaps a touchdown on the second one.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted