1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6: Dirty Bird edition of the NFL Today

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No, I think I had Week 4 ... with Gunslinger wearing No. 4.

NFL Week 4 Thread: Gunslinger Edition courtesy Jeff Pearlman

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Watched the last play again. Siemien was on the 45, thought it was the 40. How can he not throw it into the end zone. Probably would have been knocked down anyway, but that's not even 60 yards.

3. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

No.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This made me laugh:

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Huge gift for the Dolphins in Miami. They try and fail on an on-side kick, which should have set the Steelers up in Miami territory, but an official wasn't ready, so they re-kick.

As usual, Pittsburgh playing like crap at the start of the game against a weak opponent. The Dolphins are up only 3-0, rather than 7-0, only because Parker dropped a touchdown. Miami has been unable to run or stop the run this season, but the Dolphins are doing both early on.

6. outofplace

Dolphins show why they are struggling. They sack Roethlisberger on a third down, but Jason Jones shoves a Pittsburgh lineman well after the play to give the Steelers a first down. Pittsburgh takes advantage with a 60-yard touchdown run on an end around by Darius Heyward-Bey, who ran over a tackler. I don't think I've ever seen him run through a tackle .Steelers up,, 8-3, after the two-point conversion.

(Also, terrible no-call on the conversion. Grimble got away with a blatant pick to get Bell open.)

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Panthers don't have a secondary. More of a Superfund site.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Torrey Smith had one catch of 20+ yards this season, in Week 2.

He just caught a 53-yard TD from Kaepernick.

9. As if they need more ammo that Norman leaving was a bad, bad thing... Brees is having a field day.

3 Tds and the second quarter just started.

10. outofplace

Wow. The Steelers' defense is trying so hard to make the Dolphins look good on offense. William Gay has been absolutely horrible. He dropped an interception earlier, and just gave up on a play to allow his man to get open for a 53-yard reception. The Dolphins wenthe backward on a penalty and a loss on a run, but still have third-and-goal at the four.

Cockrell was there, but Miami's Sims dropped a touchdown on third down. Steelers up, 8-6, but only because the Dolphins keep screwing up.

I don't see this one going the same route as last week. This is what I expected to see against the Jets two weeks ago. The Dolphins are getting too much pressure on Roethlisberger for him to consistently take advantage of Miami's secondary.

11. The amount of pressure on Roethlisberger is worrisome.
    Suh is the kind of guy who will end his season.

12. outofplace

Fantastic play by Jones to intercept Roethlisberger, but that was an awful decision to throw into triple coverage.

Even worse, Roethlisberger just limped to the locker room with a knee injury. If his day is done, Pittsburgh is going into its bye at 4-3 off losses to a shitty Miami team and New England.

(Even if Roethlisberger is okay, the Steelers are too beat up right now to beat the Patriots. That is a brutal matchup for them even if they were healthy.)

Draft saved Draft deleted