1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 6 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

edt
    entertainment only
    Tulane at Houston (-6.5) 7:30 ESPN
    Louisville at Georgia Tech (+6) 7:00 ESPN
    Virginia Tech at North Carolina (-5.5) 12:00 ABC
    Texas vs Oklahoma (-2.5) 12:00 FOX
    Florida at Texas A&M (+6.5) 12:00 ESPN
    South Carolina at Vanderbilt (+12) 12:00 SEC
    Duke at Syracuse (+1.5) 12:30 ESPN3
    Tennessee at Georgia (-14) 3:30 CBS
    Pittsburgh at Boston College (+4.5) 4:00 ACC
    Arkansas at Auburn (-16.5) 4:00 SEC
    Alabama at Ole Miss (+24) 6:00 ESPN
    Mississippi State at Kentucky (-3) 7:30 SEC
    Miami (FL) at Clemson (-15) 7:30 ABC
    Missouri at LSU (-20.5) 9:00 ESPN

Take OVER 73,5 PLUS Ole Miss to cover Saturday.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Ole Miss may cover for the game but I'm gonna keep riding Alabama to cover the first half until it bucks me.

Batman likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Stunned it's that low. First two games for Ole Miss were 86 and 83. Bammer may put 73 up by themselves.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm wondering how many games are going to get cancelled due to Hurricane instead of Covid this weekend. Alabama at Ole Miss looks like a candidate, although they might be able to get away with playing it in Tuscaloosa... maybe. Assuming that Ole Miss would even consider that. Mizzou at LSU is pretty much dead now.

More postponements and schedule juggling. 2020 blows dead rats.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Figures LSU-Missouri would get canceled with a line that looks like a license to print money.
    I wonder if they'd postpone that until Monday night, like they did with the Tennessee game back in 2005 when Rita came through? Or just reschedule it for Nov. 7 when both teams have an open date?

Looks like the rest of the SEC caught a break in regards to the storm. Florida-A&M is the only other game potentially in its path, and that should be fine as long as Florida leaves Gainesville a little early.
    Even Alabama-Ole Miss might be OK. It'll be windy and rainy, but the storm is supposed to weaken a good bit by the time it gets that far north. Thinking rain and 30-40 mph winds instead of winds that'll knock down parts of the stadium.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Alabama-Ole Miss down to 69.5 in some shops. I'm on the under.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

@Chef2 picks the over when a hurricane is coming through.

8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Week 6?? Hell, I didn't think the season had even started yet.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Where you live, it hasn't.
    Reminds me of that great quote from Rocky when he's taking Adrian skating on Thanksgiving: "Well, to them it's Thanksgiving but to me it's just Thursday."

maumann and ChrisLong like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Nothing in the SEC will be postponed or canceled because of Covid. Their beloved president has beaten the Virus That Doesn't Exist. Postponing -- especially if done in furtherance of health -- is a cuck move in those parts. Hurricanes? Maybe a different story. But they're all in with their boy in the White House and his mandate to "live with it."

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If a team has enough players test positive, it will be postpone or take a loss because of a short bench. I can see the front-runners preferring to reschedule if it can be worked out.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They'll adopt a very conservative view of contact tracing. "Close contact" is, after all, subjective. Must two people be closer than six feet apart for 15 uninterrupted minutes or 15 minutes over an unspecified period of time? As soon as they are separated by more than six feet, does the Close Contact Clock re-start? There are ways around this. And LSU, which has said it's abandoning temperature checks, is clearly willing to prioritize speedy access through the gates over common sense.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted