1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 5 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

• Thursday (Bills at Browns) and Monday (Jets at Falcons) are both stinkers.

• Some excellent early Sunday games, though:

Saints at Bears --- Can New Orleans win on the road?

Lions at Packers --- another loss could be a killer for Green Bay

Patriots at Bengals --- Cincinnati 2-0 at home, 0-2 on the road

Seahawks at Colts --- is Indy for real?

Chiefs at Titans --- is either team for real?

• Broncos at Cowboys, the late CBS game, should be good.

• Sunday nighter --- 49ers at Texans --- is not as exciting as it seemed a few weeks back.

• Then there's the Chargers at Raiders midnight special, which was moved to 9:30 p.m. PDT due to the A's Saturday night home playoff game.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think the Raiders game is 11:45 p.m. EST. But yeah, real late. Apparently, that switch means 100% of the country will be getting Denver at Dallas.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Seahawks-Colts should be interesting. For about three quarters on Sunday, people were saying, "Same old Seahawks can't win on the road." and then Matt Schaub was kind enough to change that.

The Packers need to worry about keeping Suh away from Rodgers. With that offensive line, good luck. I think that may be a popular upset pick.

The Broncos-Cowboys game should be one of those 45-30 type games...

Chiefs-Titans would be a lot more interesting if Locker was healthy, although Fitzpatrick has done well at times when he's had to step in.

4. Mizzougrad96

It will be the closest the Raiders fans have been to the playoffs in years. :D

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If people were saying same old Seahawks they are idiots. They are not going to go undefeated on the road. They were missing 3 starting olinemen playing a good team in a hostile environment. It is not a disaster if they lose that game.

The Seahawks are 5-1 on the road in their last 6 including a playoff win. It's a lazy narrative from people that aren't paying attention. They will lose on the road this year, possible even this weekend. It will not mean this team is the same as teams from previous years, not even close.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

December 15, 1991 ... the last time the Lions won in Wisconsin.

The streak will continue.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think the Seahawks are for real and if injuries don't strike down any of the stars they might be serious contenders for the next several years. Pete Carroll is the best thing to happen to the Seahawks in a long time.

8. Mizzougrad96

I think the Seahawks are the best team in the NFC by a mile and it's really close between them and Broncos as to who the best team in the NFL is. I think the only thing keeping the Seahawks from making the Super Bowl this year would be a playoff game at Lambeau or New Orleans, or Atlanta if the Falcons can get their shit together. I don't think they'd have any trouble winning a road game in San Francisco, but I don't really think that's going to be an issue.

I will be stunned if the Seahawks don't get the No. 1 seed in the NFC and make it to the Super Bowl.

9. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I appreciate how everyone here is tempering their enthusiasm for the Rams-Jags game. Its a battle to the bottom for the No. 1 pick in 2014.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Giants are in on that action

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The Rams might not be good, but they're not Jags-level bad, right?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No. They're not good, but I'd be surprised if the Rams finished with one of the top five draft choices. Jags may have the worst NFL offense in 50 years. Eagles have a defense that's just about as bad. Raiders are the Raiders. Bucs are not likely to win more than 4 games. And I've left out two of the 0-4 teams.

Draft saved Draft deleted