1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 5 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Oct 7, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Didn't see this posted, but the Jets got Braylon Edwards from the Browns for two players.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538498

Wow. Th is automatically makes the Jets a scary team.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why? They didn't have anybody who could run shitty routes and drop passes?

Also, there is a separate thread on this.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I think that Marshall has at least 150 yards

4. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

This gives Sanchez a guy to throw deep passes to down the field and it replaces Laveranues Coles whom they lost in the offseason.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sanchez can throw all the deep passes he wants to, dude won't catch them. Dude couldn't catch herpes from a whore with a coldsore on her lip.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Comparing that jagoff to Laveranues Coles?

LOL.

7. I don't know what you're talking about. I saw him catch passes blindfolded on the commercial.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did Coles run shitty routes and drop too many passes, too? Hell, if that's what the Jets think they need,the Steelers would have probably given them Limas Sweed a lot cheaper. He pretty much does the same shit, minus the bitching to the media and punching people.

Seriously, I'm not sure how much it helps Sanchez to work with a receiver who is going to make him look bad with his lousy route-running and turn good throws into incomplete passes with his inability to catch. As a Steelers fan, I was actually disappointed when I heard about this because they won't get to play against him twice a season any more. The guy was good for killing at least one drive a game with an inexcusable drop.

9. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

maybe....but the Broncos still lose by at least 4.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Wouldn't surprise me.

Orton is so damned awful.

11. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I'll take New England over Denver. I think the Patriots will score some points on the Denver D and Orton will struggle against the NE defense. 24-13 NE.

12. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Yeah... It kills me. They keep winning and he keeps almost screwing up, but it's tough for me to complain about him not screwing up. And his shittiness is the reason they beat Cincy. If he doesn't underthrow that last pass, it's not tipped, they don't win.

The Denver defense *seems* legitimate to me. They can tackle and, schematically, they seem to be in better. McDaniels is a good field-position coach (so important when Kyle Fucking Orton is your QB). The Patriots are favored by Vegas, and should be, but I wouldn't be shocked if Denver steals this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted