1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 5 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

No way will Pittsburgh be clear of both Baltimore and Cincinnati and not looking to improve/protect playoff position in that game.

Before the season started, I had hoped that Pittsburgh would be in position to treat that one as an exhibition.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

TOUCHDOWN, BROWNS!

Oh, shit, Braylon's on the Jets now.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I think Cincy fades in the second half, but they should be a wild card team.

I agree, though, Pittsburgh will probably be fighting for homefield in that last week.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

so, chad henne is the best quarterback in the state of florida.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

A brief rant;

How much more of the American dollar can the money hungry whores at the NFL suck out of the pockets of millions of people?

Every week, it seems like it's (ex.) Denver vs. Kansas City in the first game played outside in temperatures colder than 41* --and then they develop special jerseys....they do it to the point of ridiculousness.

It's like a Ford F-150 Special Edition; Looks like any other pickup except for one thing.......it's got a fucking pinstripe on it.

Seriously.

The pink hats, gloves, shoes, wristbands, shirts, coats, whatever they're painting pink for breast cancer.......fine, great.

Give, don't donate it, give every penny off every thing you sell to breast cancer.

I love football to the nth degree, but the NFL is infuriating.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A better question is why does the American public continue to buy this crap.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

An even better question is who's buying it. No one I know.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

They want the newest, shiniest thing that no one else has.......electric bill be damned, I'm buying me a Pink Adrian Peterson jersey.

Draft saved Draft deleted