1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 5 NFL thread: Whatever happened to Deiter Brock?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Would you trade Romo for Sanchez, straight up?

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I agree entirely.

Now I'm shocked at the drop-off in certain areas. Why can't they run the ball? No playmakers at wide receivers (yeah, I know, Santonio Holmes is hurt). No pass rushers on the D-line? That's almost unheard of on a Ryan team.

If anything, the lack of stud personnel will cause people to cut Ryan some slack. And maybe make him less of an A-hole.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Agree with that, too. Funny how everyone loves to rip their own team's QB until they start looking around the league and what's out there.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't mind Ryan. Yes, he's a blowhard. Yes, he should shut up more... But, compared to the rest of the NFL coaches, it's refreshing to see someone showing a personality, even if it's the personality of a blowhard who should shut up more... :D

He did get the Jets to the AFC title game twice. I think he's one of those coaches who if the Jets cut him loose, would be hired by someone else pretty quickly...

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I just don't get the strategy for the Tebow use. Whenever Sanchez gets on a mini-roll (like the screen pass to Shonn), they bring in Tebow. Then after Tebow runs for a first down inside the five, they take him out after a no gain.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Which starters would you take Sanchez over?

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hmmm. Never been a huge Sanchez supporter. Might take him ahead of Matt Cassel or Blaine Gabbert or Skelton from Arizona. That's about it.

8. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

The Jets are closer to being the Chiefs than the Patriots, and Sanchez is a big reason for it.

9. joe king

joe king Active Member

I thought the same thing. There's a way to mix in another QB -- Harbaugh seems to be doing a pretty good job with Smith and Kaepernick in SF -- but the Jets haven't figured it out. They'd be better off doing what Fox did last season -- blowing up the offense remaking it into a run-heavy option game and handing the keys to Tebow -- than continuing with what they're doing.

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

Just good enough to get you beat.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

Not true. Tebow had twice as many touchdown passes as interceptions last season (12-6) and has 17 career TD passes to nine interceptions. In fact, one of Tebow's big positives was that he didn't turn the ball over much (at least most of the season), allowing Denver to play that hold-down-the-score defense/field position game until Tebow time in the fourth quarter.

Draft saved Draft deleted