1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 4 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Former Chargers DB Paul Oliver apparently has committed suicide:

http://fansided.com/2013/09/25/former-nfl-player-paul-oliver-found-dead/

Great high school player in the Atlanta area, pretty good college player at Georgia and OK NFL safety.

2. joe king

joe king Active Member

No, not hurt. Just sucking. Romo took over at halftime of a loss to the Giants, won the next week as a starter and became a rock star when the Cowboys beat undefeated Indianapolis in November -- with a fourth-quarter comeback, no less.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Was Rapethisberger that much of an upgrade over Tommy Maddox? Elliot Maddox? Lester Maddox?

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember, I think it was Faneca, who practically attacked a reporter when he asked him how he felt about a rookie as a starting QB.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

During Roethlisberger's rookie training camp, Beno Cook said Roethlisberger would have the Steelers in the Super Bowl inside of three seasons. The guy was not always wrong, but always entertaining.

And add Kurt Warner to this discussion.

6. 93Devil

Lord, without looking, does anyone know who is Ed Rubbert?

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I mentioned Warner earlier in the thread. That was, and will probably always be, the craziest "player coming out of nowhere" story in NFL history.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

But that was an injury.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just get the feeling Tampa bay is going to go into full train wreck mode week by week, where Bucs fans will be looking back longingly at the Raheem Morris regime as the salad days.

10. 93Devil

Didn't Bledsoe step in for a hurt Brady to beat Pittsburgh during that first Super Bowl run?

11. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I don't think there's any way Schiano makes it through the season. He may not even reach the halfway point the way that franchise is circling the drain. He seems determined to have an adversarial relationship with everyone around him, especially players brought in by the current GM before Schiano arrived.

And I have no sympathy for Tampa Bay, either. From all the reports that Schiano was a raging prick at Rutgers, it can't be a surprise that he'd go to the pros and become easy to work with during the tough times.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yes. I was there and Steelers fans were SURE they were going to win after that happened. Alas ...

Draft saved Draft deleted