1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 4 NFL thread: Let's move on

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agreed. If you had asked me what I would have thought the over would be I would have said in the 58-60 range.

The problems with that are that the Packers defense is playing a lot better than it did a year ago and the offense is playing nowhere close to as well as it was last season.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Move on hell - this is funny:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jpmoore/the-23-best-twitter-reactions-to-the-packers-getti

3. Mizzougrad96

It will be interesting if Goodell fines the Packers players for some of those tweets, or if it will just admit that they got screwed and let it slide.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Those players not getting fined would be more shocking than the game's outcome.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I liked the one who said fine him and use the money to pay the real refs. The tweet about JaMarcus Russell was funny, too.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Unpossible to believe these two teams come into this game with 1 win between them.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'll stay up and watch the end of MNF, just on the off chance we have a end-of-the-game scenario that might lead to Jerry Jones imploding.

8. Mizzougrad96

I'm not stunned the Packers are 1-2. The first two games were against teams that everybody thought would make the playoffs and I don't care how good you are, playing at Seattle in a night game is going to be brutal. I still expect Green Bay to wind up with 11 wins this season and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they won the Super Bowl.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The league can't let it slide because they don't want to admit the officials screwed up.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I agree with all you've said, YG, but why is the good doctor surprised by the line? You get three points for home field, the Bears haven't looked like world-beaters and Dallas is a team people like to bet on even if they're not that good (and their defense looks like it might have a little something). Remember the line is not a prediction -- it's set to get maximum action on both sides.

But yes, I can see the Bears beating the crap out of Romo and winning. It's not like the Cowboys have a spectacular home record since moving into the big mausoleum.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed, though they did at least admit that offensive pass interference should have been called.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

True, but the regular officials wouldn't have called that either.

Draft saved Draft deleted