1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 4 NFL thread: Let's move on

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Sep 25, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Thursday game is Ravens-Browns. I expect Baltimore to play like crap in the first half and win by three touchdowns.

Interesting Sunday games ...

Minnesota at Detroit: Are Ponder and the Vikings for real? Are the Lions back to being the Lions?

Oakland at Denver: Facing the Raiders should end the Peyton criticism for a week.

If any Packers fans are still watching the NFL, their favorite team plays the Saints, who look to be completely screwed in Sean Payton's absence. Should be a high-scoring contest, though, much like last year's season opener.

Monday night is Bears at Cowboys: Dallas sucks. Who's with me?

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I can't move on. I'm still laughing at the Packers.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Arizona -6
    Denver -6

Pay off your cars, everyone.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Packers-Saints should be interesting... The Packers will be colossally distracted after Monday night's debacle and the Saints desperately need a win.

Niners-Jets - The across-the-country games almost never fare well for the visiting team, but the Niners didn't go home after the embarrassment in Minnesota. They've stayed in Ohio all week, which was probably the smart thing to do.

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Dallas a 4-point favorite. Ye gods ...

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I think the Niners will rebound. The only chance the Jets have is if they somehow find a running game. Otherwise, San Francisco is going to be able to tee off on Sanchez all day.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's no way Green Bay loses this week. They'll get a lot of help to make up for Monday. Plus, Goodell doesn't want the Saints to win any games this year.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I like Chicago's chances. The Bears have 11 sacks in their last two games, so if they can get pressure on Romo, I think they'll force multiple turnovers. Cutler played well in their last matchup a couple seasons ago, so I'm hoping for another big game this time. I would like to see the Bears run the ball a little better, though. They did enough against the Rams, but the Rams suck.

9. GeorgeFHayek

GeorgeFHayek Member

If?

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm staying away from that one. Rivalry game, Raiders have won four in a row here, including the 59-14 debacle two years ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I lost my car on the Virginia Tech game a a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Saints are 0-3 and the games are now nearly 4 hours long. I've moved on, but from the NFL entirely.

Draft saved Draft deleted