1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 4 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Platyrhynchos, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Anyone catch what Stoops said at the halftime interview on ESPN of the OU-Tulsa game? The commentators just apologized for an inappropriate word that head said and they blamed a hot mic. I have the game on in the background, but wasn't paying attention.

2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

I was watching it but I didn't hear anything that made me pay extra attention. Obviously I missed it.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/47330/

4. Jeremy Goodwin

Thanks, Doc, just saw that thread.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

My favorite persistent rumor of the day: Florida did not bring a punter to Oxford, opting instead to bring another receiver along for the ride.

6. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

Maybe Tebow's gonna do the punting. You know he wants that ball.

In a not-so-related twist, I can finally kiss that fuckin' Newbie tag goodbye.

Drinks for the house..........

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'll take a Newcastle, Dan.

8. Jeremy Goodwin

Let me grab that for you, Doc. You should make a noob do that. I probably owe him for some lady advice anyways from our days working together.

[​IMG]

My picks for ugliest game(s) of the day:
    Baylor (2-1) @ Buffalo (1-2)...since when does a nonconference team go to Buffalo?
    Portland State (1-2) at San Diego State (0-2)
    San Jose State @ Utah State ...battle of 0-3 teams

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

An early morning Fat Tire if you please.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Uh......what I meant to say was Take OU and give the 23, while taking the over.....that's what I meant to say.

11. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

This SEC fanboy loooser isn't convinced that USC will go undefeated. They've got a tough road schedule (Oregon, Cal, Washington) and unlike Oklahoma or LSU/Florida, they won't have a conference championship game to boost their BCS numbers. The Trojans could get bumped out of the BCS Championship game by a one loss LSU or Florida.

12. Leinie's Original, chef.
    And the old ball coach goes down by 30 tonight.

Draft saved Draft deleted