1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 4 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Platyrhynchos, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Will be closer than that.

At 23, I'd take Tulsa and the points.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think the SEC is a lock to get two BCS bids. Hawaii looks to be the only non-BCS school with a shot at a bid and with the extra game, that means more money for the big boys. I don't see the Big 10 or the ACC getting more than one. The loser of Rutgers-WV and the Pac-10 Runner up and two spots left for Hawaii and/or a Big 12 team

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I wouldn't.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There isn't a Big 12 team that deserves a second bid right now. Not sure there will be one by the end of the year either. Well, unless Baylor gets hot.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Missouri, Texas and maybe Texas Tech might not be there yet, but they could be by the end of the season. Heck, Michigan might rebound and get the Big 10 bid.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Tech also has OU at home, but get UT on the road.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

OK, Tulsa. Chef has talked you up. Let's see what you got.

8. 93Devil

Whoa. Nice to see Dennis Byrd!!!

9. 93Devil

Tulsa better have a great offense because their defensive line does not have a chance.

10. 93Devil

hmmmm.... we may have a little shootout here.

11. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

Missouri's defense has a long way to go to get there. The offense can compete, but defense is very suspect. Missouri could beat Nebraska in two weeks, especially because it's at home and be in the drivers seat for the Big 12 North. If Missouri does this, I predict a loss to KU at Arrowhead in the final game of the season to lose the North in some typical Missouri fashion — fifth down, kicked ball, etc. IF Missouri wins the North and doesn't choke, like 99% of Mizzou teams when a Big 12 title is on the line, then anything is possible for BCS chances.

12. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

All I gotta say is OU's offense looks like it's going to blow through most of the Big 12 defenses.

Draft saved Draft deleted