1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 4 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Platyrhynchos, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It may be stupid, indeed, but kind of funny.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I watched to Wicked. Whether Patrick was killing time or the dumbass producer told him in his earpiece to toss Blackledge a bone. Todd wasn't going to bite on that. Thankfully, Stafford threw that GW pass to Henderson.

3. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

While I resent that remark, the Falcons ran the ball SIX times in the first half. Six. They ran 27 times for the game, only because they took mercy on the faithful and ran the clock out late.

Urban Meyer, Gregg Brandon is not.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I can't believe more hasn't been made of the massive fuck-up by the officials on that fumble into the end zone in the Wisky-Iowa game.

There was no inadvertent whistle. A Iowa player get a hand on the ball and the official blew his whistle and began to signal Iowa ball. As the whistle was blown, the ball was knocked loose and a Wisconsin player wound up with it in the ensuing scrum.

Now, an argument could be made that the official should not have blown his whistle initially, but the fact is he did. And he did so because, in his eyes, Iowa recovered the ball. Whether it's the correct call is up to debate but under instant replay rules the play is over once the whistle is blown and what takes place after that cannot be reviewed. Therefore it should have been Iowa ball at the 20 instead of Wisconsin ball at the three.

Instead the officials manufactured a do-over for the Badgers. Methinks Iowa will be getting a letter of apology from Jim Delany this week.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Armchair, my contention with that play is how can that be an inadverent whistle when the side judge "blew" the play dead and called it Iowa's ball?

Draft saved Draft deleted