1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 4 college football: So-what Saturday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

New Hampshire 56, Dartmouth 14. UNH receiver David Ball catches 3 TD passes to tie Jerry Rice's I-AA career record. Saw David play in high school. Took a really good shot of him catching a TD. Wish I knew where that roll of film is.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

What an amazing game. I thought I'd be happy to leave Arkansas because I wouldn't have to watch the Hogs anymore, but I watch them more now than I did then.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Where did David Ball play in high school?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'd take Smith over Quinn.

5. Good for you. I doubt NFL GM's would agree.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I didn't know Brett Favre didn't use his last year at Southern Miss. Could've sworn he was wearing a white-and-blue No. 14 jersey in Columbus today!

Morelli made two stupid throws. First one was kind of excusable, the second one, no fucking way.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Spaulding in Barre. The game I saw, Bellows Falls intercepted the Spaulding QB 6 times, but Ball had a pretty good day.

8. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Smith is a very good college QB. Helps that he's got two good RBs and one of the top 3 WR in the nation.

No NFL GM in his right mind takes Smith over Quinn.

-Georgia got lucky as shit
    -Gotta feel for the Alabama kicker
    -Heisman sliders: Slaton, Irons
    -Heisman risers: Manningham

Geez, Notre Dame's defense is carved up in three plays for a score and can't tackle on the second series. And now a turnover. Yikes.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And Quinn, once again, looks like a kindergartener pissing her panties.

10. I'm amazed at the pass the ABC announcers keep giving Quinn, Shark and the rest of the Notre Dame offense. They've looked terrible and all I keep hearing is about how tough they are and how the offense is bound to get on track...

11. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

This Quinn vs Smith argument reminds me of Tim Couch vs McNabb and Vince Young vs Matt Leinart. In each case the more athletic QB wins out but the preception is that the pocket passer is better.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

They are called commas. Ask your teacher/mom how they work.

Draft saved Draft deleted