1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 3: The Babe Ruth of NFL threads

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I think Jerry Jones should be banned.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heck, I say there's no reason the clock has to stop for an incomplete pass or a runner going out of bounds.

Stop it until the ball is spotted, then start that sucker up. Make that the rule for every play.

You should not be rewarded for purposely throwing an incomplete pass (spike) or purposely not trying to advance the ball (by heading for the sideline).

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Schiano told his defense to let the Giants score a touchdown in the 4th quarter. what kind of play to the whistle coach tells his defense to lie down ? Schiano's out of the league forever in 2 years and he'll never get a BCS head coaching job again.

4. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Revis has been authorized for contact.

5. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Keep that crap in the college game where it belongs, please.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Agreed.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Just FYI, I heard the radio show on which Jerry said this and for accuracy's sake, let it be known he said it was actually Lamar Hunt's idea, though Jerry agreed with and endorsed it.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I will become a Cam Newton fan for a few hours tonight...

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Updating myself here: Bruce Bochy, in solidarity, wears a 49ers hat to his press conference today.

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_21592814/49ers-quarterback-alex-smith-gets-support-from-bruce

And because MLB is not made up of humorless totalitarian fuckheads, he's none the poorer and everyone gets a laugh.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Accuracy noted. I still stand by my statement.

12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They get a lot of commercials in with the stoppages. They get a lot of money for those commercials.

Draft saved Draft deleted