1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 3 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Sep 22, 2009.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Too soon? :D

Washington-Detroit may be the worst game ever played since the invention of the forward pass.

Big games:

Atlanta-New Engalnd: Chance for the NFC to show its big boys are for real.
    Jets-Tennessee: Titans can't afford to start 0-3.
    San Francisco-Minnesota: Are the Niners for real?
    Indianapolis-Arizona: Should be a fun one to watch.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm going to assume the lack of a Steelers game in your list means they are off this week.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That, or they're playing the Bengals (who should probably be 2-0 and tied for first place with the Ravens).

4. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

Indy-Arizona should be pretty damn fun, I agree.

And I expect the Jets to roll the Titans.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fixed.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

It surprised me that the Tennessee defense rolled over and played dead last week, but I won't be surprised if the Titans go to New York and get the W. I'm not buying the Jets . . . yet.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ya, I just don't see the Titans going 0-3, and the Jets have to come down to Earth at some point. Sanchez is gonna play like a rookie one of these games. Tennessee also has the payback factor working, too.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I think that is a big game in the AFC North. The Bengals have some issues, but they can score points as long as Carson Palmer is in one piece. Troy Polamalu has a habit of torturing Palmer, so his absence is huge. The defending champs could easily be 1-2 and in third place after this week.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If Detroit does not win this weekend, they quite possibly will never win another game.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've been on the Jets the first two weeks, but I have to agree here. It's been a nice run, but no way the Titans go 0-3. Then again, the Titans' defense isn't what it used to be, at least through two games. I think it could be the best game of the week.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

It's a huge game if the Bengals win, but I don't see that happening. Cincy is too inconsistent. It was a great win in Lambeau, but the week before they struggled to score against the Broncos, who don't play much defense.

12. Tyrone Carter may also be out.
    The secondary is gonna be one big questions mark come Sunday. Thanks God it is the Bengals.

Draft saved Draft deleted