1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 3 college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Because it's never too early to discuss the next Michigan game.

:D

But seriously, folks, how bad would things get in Ann Arbor if the Wolverines started 0-4, with all four losses coming at home?

Tennessee's at Florida.
    USC's at Nebraska.

What else will we be talking about Saturday night?

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Washington getting Ohio State to come out west. I think, as previously stated, the Buckeyes defense gets them through this one, but it should be a very good game.

If Washington wins, its another reason to laugh at Notre Dame, who I think get run over by Mike Hart and Michigan. The look in his eye at the press conference on Saturday said a lot to me.

3. chester

chester Member

I'm anxious to see the numbers Brohm and Woodson put up in that UK-Louisville game. That game could easily last 5 hours if either of those teams don't find some defense.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Interesting game in the ACC as well, with two ranked teams in Georgia Tech and Boston College squaring off. With the way things look, it could be a preview of the championship game further down the line.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Mike Hart is going to dismantle the Irish defense. Michigan might suck this season, but they're winning on Saturday.

6. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

Agreed.

I'm scheduled to be there, but might not be due to staffing (we'd only have one person back at the office doing 10 pages of production plus dealing with some prep call-ins).

If I'm not there, I'll have to watch it on local tv (since we don't get ESPN Classic at the office).

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My theory on why both ND and Michigan have never before started 0-2 together is because they usually play each other in the first 2 weeks and someone's gotta win. This time they play in Week 3.

Like I said, someone's gotta win.

Domers win 2-0 in eight overtimes when HENNE RUNS THE WRONG WAY!

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The fact that South Florida isn't ranked is a travesty. It's even bigger when you look that the coaches still gave more points to Auburn than South Florida.

And both polls continuing to rank A&M -- including 18th in the coaches poll -- is a joke, considering what has happened through two weeks. The Big 12 has three other teams that have a better resume thus far to be ranked than the Ags. And its still obvious that reputation and tradition still reign -- Oregon jumps to 19 in the AP poll for whooping up on Michigan, which wasn't even ranked.

9. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Beamer has made the logical move: He's starting freshman Tyrod Taylor in Virginia Tech's game Saturday vs. Ohio. Taylor gets to play against two weak teams in two weeks: Ohio and William and Mary.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It's even bigger when you consider that the Gators' lone loss last season happened to come at Auburn. LSU lost there last year, too.

11. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

If, of course, they don't decide to put it on PPV in Lexington again.

Damn the SEC for heading the same way as the Big Ten. There will be an SEC Network soon, which means no more free football on LFS.

This should be a very entertaining game, though. Right now, both are at the top of their league in total offense and it's probably the only time this year (in all of college football) that two QBs this talented will play on the same field.

BTW, for those who don't know, the "over" is probably a very safe bet.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Arkansas vs. Alabama - Will everyone be rooting for McFadden to gain 400 yards in this one?

Louisville vs. Kentucky (upset?) Louisville cannot stop anyone and Kentucky has a decent QB.

BC vs Georgia Tech - Two good teams.

WVU vs. Maryland - I have a feeling that WVU's weaknesses have been exploited. Maybe the Terps can keep it up for four quarters.

Washington beating Ohio State - Big Ten is like the Russian Army; great at home, terrible on the road. - Beano Cook. Michigan is now disproving one half of that statement.

Draft saved Draft deleted