1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Sep 11, 2013.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That worked out terribly for Carolina.

2. Why not?
    If Rex - the guy who drafted Geno - is fired (prior to the draft), wouldn't the new coach want his own QB instead of an inherited one.
    Assuming Geno doesn't work out.
    It's not inconceivable.

3. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

It sucks for Sanchez, but his getting hurt actually does Rex a favor. It means the rabid media clowns can't insist he put Sanchez into the game when Smith has two shitty games, which Smith inevitably will. Sanchez sucks, people. We know this. It is not just the guys around him. He is inaccurate, he cannot read defenses, and he is careless with the football. He does not deserve more starts in NY or anywhere. The fact that he is hurt does the Jets a favor. They can move on from their embarrassing mistake. The apology money they gave him for sniffing around Peyton Manning's underoos is a sunk cost. This was never going to change. At least now he won't be around to butt fumble in blowouts.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Smith was a 2nd round choice and they had already selected 2 in the 1st round. If the Jets get the chance to draft a draft a QB in the top of 1st round, its fine. They took a chance on Smith it didn't work out great and now they get a franchise QB.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He is not the guy who ran a 4.3 but he is still nowhwere close to 5.0/ 40. He didn't have his leg amputated.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure this is English, but it's enough to give me the impression that you completely missed my sarcasm.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

They should probably start Cousins this week at Green Bay. RG3 is shot. Done. Should retire.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I love when mediots like you say somebody can't read a defense when you have no bloody idea what the defense is trying to do. The opposing coaches don't even know. Only that unit's coaches and personnel do.
    You don't know the scheme, you don't know the playbook, you haven't watched film - but you know this guy "can't read defenses," because you watch ESPN and know everything.
    An NFL quarterback, even the worst of the worst, is manifold times better at what he does than anyone here is good at anything in his life.
    Sanchez sucks dong, but retire this line of thinking unless you're a coach, NFL defender or can otherwise prove it.

9. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

the Eagles ran 74 plays in 33 minutes. The Bengals ran 54. Lots of Bears defensive guys catching their breath between plays as the Bengals huddled where the Redskins were having to run another play.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Somehow I doubt Jets fans are that upset.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Isn't he talking about the Eagles defense being gassed? If so, it doesn't matter how many offensive plays the Eagles ran. just how much time they had the ball.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It doesn't matter for Rex. Unless the Jets go 2001 Bears on everyone this season, he's gone. Even that might not be enough to save him.

Draft saved Draft deleted