1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Morris816

Morris816 Member

It's also why strength of schedule is pointless to discuss these days. You have to play your division foes no matter what and you have two divisions (one AFC, one NFC) assigned to you each year on a rotating basis. So it's just two games that are determined by your previous season's placing.

Even so, you can't control what other divisions are doing. For example, it was just a couple seasons ago that the entire NFC West was considered to be weak. That's no longer the case.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Well, SOS is still worth discussing in the right context. You want to know if team A is likely to be better or worse than last year? Definitely look at their schedules between the two years. If you rotate off facing a tough division to facing an easier one, you're likely to have a better record. It's a general wash for races within your division, obviously (though the difference between playing the top team in the AFC East, AFC South, and AFC West, and the second place team is fairly large) but for wildcard races and betting over/unders on win totals, it's worth analyzing.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Is ESPN pushing RGIII like crazy?

I would have never thought RGIII and the plight of the Redskins is the top story in the league right now.

There is still NE, SF, GB, NYG, Seattle, Atlanta, Indy...

If RGIII ran a 40 tomorrow, what's his time? The over/under is 5 seconds.

4. 93Devil

The only betting info I want to hear is how much people are actually betting when they talk about this crap.

Like $500 on the under in the Cincy game would get my attention. Or, it can be it's own running thread across all sports.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pretty sure no one's concerned with getting your attention.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Sonner is the oop of football gambling talk.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Do you know how slow you have to be to run a 5.0 40? Well under

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Faster than me.

9. 93Devil

I saw that "journeyman" d-lineman get him from behind. I guess that guy runs a 4.7.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll take Luck over RG3. Kaep and Wilson are on better teams. If all three were healthy, it would be really close between RG3 and Kaepernick and I think Wilson is a bit behind those two. Bradford and Tannehill? You're high... Stafford has a great arm, but I don't think he's a better QB than RG3.

I don't have the energy to get into a Flacco argument. :D

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Eagles averaged an offensive play every 22 seconds on Monday night.
    Kelly wants the ball snapped every 17 or 18.
    We'll see how that plays out around Week 14.

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I assume that 22 includes the end of the game when they were trying to milk the clock. So he might not be upset.

Draft saved Draft deleted