1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL Running Thread: Flutie 24, Cowboys 10

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 15, 2010.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ditka is the most over rated coach in football history. He's Rich Kotite with angioplasty.

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

That was me. Edwards showed signs of promise but ever since that hit, he's been too cautious. Watching Vick and McNabb last week made me want to shove a nail through my head. They might not ever win anything, but damn those two can still sling the ball around - Especially after watching Edwards lob it here and there. Plus with the crappy O-line, having a mobile QB would have been great even during this rebuilding process. I mean, the ball looks it's being shot out of a canon when Vick unleashes, hell even McNabb where with Edwards, it looks like it's being lobbed in by 'Insert celebrity name here' for the first pitch of a Dodgers game.

I still want to see Brohm get a fair shot before Fitz.

As for Locker - I'm not sold on him. Sure, he looks good but he looked terrible against Nebraska yesterday. He's an athletic freak but I don't think he's it.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Living in upstate New York my entire life, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Bills. They're not my team, but I thought they made a mistake last season when they drafted Spiller so high last season.

The Bills have needed a franchise quarterback since Kelly left. Fred Jackson is a decent back, they should've gone for a quarterback. With everyone falling so far in the draft, they had a golden opportunity to grab someone and they lost it.

4. JimmyOlson

JimmyOlson Member

I have no problem with the Spiller pick. I didn't love any of the QBs that were available, so take the best player out there. I wasn't sure that Claussen was the answer. The Bills' QB need is so deep, they need to take as close to a sure thing as you can get.

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Tony Sparano is wearing sunglasses. In the Dome.

Vikings go for it on fourth and fail.

6. Machine Head

And on the first play for the Dolphins pass to Marshall down inside the Vikings 30.

I love Chilly.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Lions appear to have a decent run defense. Too bad their offense blows. Lob the ball over the middle and both Scheffler and Johnson wait on the ball. DB meets the ball at the highest point and gets the pick. Just a joke.

If Calvin Johnson wants to be considered an elite wide receiver he needs to start playing like one.

8. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Jackson with a 45 yard touchdown pass from Michael Vick, what a burst of speed.

9. Machine Head

Touchdown Dolphins.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Lions come back with a run-based drive and score on a plunge by Best who has 74 yards and a TD. That's 3 TDs for him this year.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

If the Lions lose this challenge the NFL is a god damn fucking joke.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

LOL Favre INT at the goal line.

Draft saved Draft deleted