1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL Running Thread: Flutie 24, Cowboys 10

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Sep 15, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

How about his other start from that season. Heckuva game vs. the Redskins.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

. . . and singlehandedly ruined the chemistry on that team, since he was Ditka's little bobo.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was Flutie's misfortune to be stuck in some BAD situations early in his career -- namely, getting put in as a young QB on teams that needed/expected to win RIGHT NOW. (Bears, Pats).

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Bears WERE a bad situation for him, because, by god, that was McMahon's team (for multiple, good reasons), and Jimmy wasn't going to help Doug in that situation, one little bit.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

From what I have heard of Flutie, he didn't do himself many favors with his locker room behavior, either.

7. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Especially in Buffalo. He was the little rah, rah pissant, who wanted to be loved. Rob Johnson should've had some more intensity but he was laid back. He was in a tough spot, that team was losing or had already lost the stars from its dominant teams. I know Flutie is a competitor but he could've handled it differently. Kurt Warner was an f'n SB MVP and the Giants used him to groom Eli but he wasn't bitching or trying to win guys over to his side.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You had to start this thread with that, asshole?

I know the Cowboys' offense has sucked through the preseason and the opener, but the Bears' defense does not match up well with Felix Jones, Miles Austin, etc. I expect Chicago to lose 44-0.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Bears' high-flying aerial assault will crash and burn against the Cowboys. :D :D :D :D :D

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

14-2 Chicago vs. 7-9 Dallas. McMahon was on the rag that week. What-fucking-ever.

11. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

Are there other things going on in week 2 of the 2010 NFL season to talk about besides the Cowboys and people that USED to play for the NFL?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Arian Foster sucks!

(not what you were looking for? :D)

Draft saved Draft deleted