1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He should sue the colts for gross negligence. They had a duty to protect him and they didn’t. Skinny slow white boy needed protection. RGIII overestimated his ability to be Cam Newton.
    Nowhere to run to, baby, nowhere to hide
    Got nowhere to run to, baby, nowhere to hide

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You really are a racist moron. Is there a sport you actually well equipped to discuss intelligently?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Luck is slow? Again, you are clueless.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Skinny white boy Andrew Luck is listed as 10 pounds lighter than Cam Newton.

And he ran as much as anyone not named Cam Newton.

Plus he quit. Cam Newton is still toughing it out.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Christ, is it too much to ask the NFL to sit Brown until the allegations are settled? Goodell was in too many scrimmages without his helmet, having learned NOTHING from the Elliott and Ray Rice situations.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Can't sit Brown if it's a civil suit accusation. Runs into the CBA. Goodell is always clueless, but here's he's blameless.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I remember when Bob Kraft relinquished draft rights to Christian Peter after learning of his sordid off-field history.
    We're a long way from that.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We tried that. It was called ESPNHollywood.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That was when Myra Kraft was still alive. She was a genuinely good person (and Robert genuinely loved her) and her premature death was awful and as we have seen, a personal disaster for Bob.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I get all that, loss changes people, not always for the better.
    Thing is, Michael, he made that a point of pride.
    That he wouldn't have scumbags on his team under any circumstances.
    A lot of people took note and gave credit for it, and it was during (what I think) an even more lawless era in the league.
    Rae Carruth, Darryl Henley going to prison, etc.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Unless they have been proven to violate an NFL rule, unless they are in jail serving a sentence or on home detention and are not free to get to the practice facility and game then let all play. The NFL and it’s management and owners are woefully ill equipped and too morally repugnant to make their own judgments on the actions of other men. I believe Jerry Jones to exceed Antonio Brown as a reprehensible reprobate. If Jones is active, so should Brown.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm no expert on the current CBA, but I'm betting Goodell could find a way to do it if he so chose. As usual, his decisions in such matters are erratic at best. Also, isn't the NFL supposedly meeting with the accuser next week?

Draft saved Draft deleted