1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

The NFL is similarly celebrating its 100th year this season. It will celebrate the anniversary next year.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember when Baltimore Colts games started at 2 p.m., because of a Sunday blue law.

exmediahack likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

OOP agrees.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

As a kid, I always liked football games on baseball fields, both for the uniqueness of having two sports intersect, in a way, and I liked to see how dirty the uniforms got after the tackling.

Now, the uniforms have changed and even tackles in the dirt don’t create much of a dirty uniform visual.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I have a hazy rememberance of that as well.
    That must have been a bitch when tv had a doubleheader. You would come in an hour into the west coast game.

Weird.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Poindexter-
    If I recall the request to move the home kickoffs back came at the behest of local and church leaders.
    An odd thing as Maryland earned distinction as a haven for those escaping religious discrimination.
    I can't think of any other regular exemptions from the normal kickoff times.

Joined in Progress is a thing of the past.
    Now anybody can go on NFL reddit streams and watch any game without interruption.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Welcome back Antonio Gates

8. Steeler jack!
    Pittsburgh fans are LOSING their shit over Sunday's loss! Sportswriters, fans, (of course, talk radio)... the season is OVER. The team is terrible. Big Ben is old. WRs suck. Defense is terrible. Coaching is awful and Tomlin should be fired.

PS Steelers win Sunday hosting Seattle at a 1 p.m. kickoff.... This ain't the Kingdome!

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Are the 2005 refs officiating?

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The football games on baseball fields in late November and December had a really authentic frozen-tundra look.

Remember OJ busting the 2,000-yard barrier in a snowy slushy mess against the Jets on the frozen infield of Shea?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The receivers are a problem and Tomlin should at least be on the hot seat, but yes, most Steelers fans are overreacting. It makes sense, though. This past year has been one disaster after another and no part of the team looked good Sunday. With everything leading up to Brown signing with the Patriots the day before the game, fans needed to see something positive and instead the Steelers were a disaster on every level Sunday night.

Seattle isn't looking easy, either. Roethlisberger is old, but he was old last season, too. I think he will come around and I think the defense will be better, but the Seahawks are a real challenge. Right now, I wonder how much offense the Steelers can generate with those receivers. Smith-Schuster will be fine, but after him it's a bunch of guys who probably shouldn't be more than a No. 3 or No. 4. There is nobody a defense has to respect, at least not yet.

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Will Guice ever be healthy? (Credit to Double Down for the scoop!)

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted