1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I think I read that Vic Fangio said the Bears were in nickle or dime packages at least 85%+ of the time. In modern football your nickel is on the field more than your defensive linemen of which ever linebacker you pulled to go nickel.

I also suspect that when the Steelers are in four defensive back sets Fitzpatrick will be in the lineup somewhere. Fitzpatrick was unhappy in Miami because the Patriots and Ravens were rarely forced into long yardage situations and were trying to kill clock because of their enormous leads.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Jets-Pats opened at something like Pats -16 1/2. No line on some books, but it's jumped to 21 1/2 in others already.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

It’d be so like the Jets to win that game and not another one all year

Chef2 likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Dolphins are a mess. I'm assuming everybody wants out at this point given the way they are operating. Fitzpatrick was also unhappy that they moved him around so much, which is one reason I think they should keep him at safety. The other is that their safeties are terrible. He needs to be an every-down player and I'd rather see them use the guy to address the bigger need.

He better be out there every down. They just gave up a pick that could be in the top 10 for the guy. I don't think he can fix what ails that defense by himself and the offense is a mess right now.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It would be totally hilarious if after tanking with all their might, the Dolphins lose out on the number one pick to the Jets, who get it strictly on their own lack of merits.

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

More hilarious? That AB gets waived by the Pats for farting in a doctor's face.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Most hilarious? Jets trade a first for Eli.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Eli, sit down. I brought you here to tell you that you're not going anywhere...technically.

Spartan Squad and Michael_ Gee like this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

So LeVeon wasted $12 million in salary for this?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Jets are cursed.
    [​IMG]
    You're WELCOME!!!!

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted