1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Monday.
    Night.
    Football.
    Every.
    Commercial.
    Break.
    Good.
    God.
    Stop.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, a nickel corner (albeit maybe the best one in the league) is what's holding back the Steelers' defense.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Then what is?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm actually stunned by this move. I'm assuming he will be moved full-time to free safety and if he can't handle that, it's a terrible move. The primary reason to pay that kind of price for the guy would be to address the biggest need on defense, which is safety.

The defense needed help, but I still think this is going to be a lost season for the Steelers. On the positive side, they would have Fitzpatrick for two more seasons before having to decide on the fifth-year option. The part that truly bothers me is that this is likely to be a high pick because the Steelers look like they will struggle to even reach .500 this year.

6. Regan MacNeil

Another good corner, a couple safeties, someone who can replace what Ryan Shazier brought, etc.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am not sure the jets can beat the dolphins. I'm not an expert but I've never seen defenders get free shots at the qb like the jets allow.

8. CD Boogie

Fitzpatrick is a safety and will almost certainly start in place of the injured Sean Davis. Devin Bush was drafted to replaced Shazier. Wouldn’t throw in towel on him yet...after two games.

9. Regan MacNeil

I read somewhere today that Fitzpatrick graded out as the best slot corner in the league last year. I'd rather have the best in the league at what's becoming a pretty important position than a good safety.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I heard through the grapevine the Ramsey to the Chiefs talk is gaining traction.

11. CD Boogie

Mike Mayock rated him the best safety — ahead of Derwin James — in the 2018 draft. He’s that versatile and that’s why you make this move.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

My goodness the Giants and Jets are horrid. Again. Another long year ahead. Maybe New York gets on board with the Bills?

Draft saved Draft deleted