1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There were 8 SB winning starting QBs heading into the season - we're down three (Brees, Foles, Roethlisberger) could soon be down two more (Eli and Flacco) leaving just Brady, Rodgers and Wilson.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Father time is still undefeated.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Rudolph looked great.

I really cannot say that enough. If he can look that good again in Week 3, they will be right there at the end fighting for the division.

And Samuels is better than Conner.

4. Will never happen, but might be a good time to Kaep a tryout for the backup spot.

5. I dunno, looks to me that Tom Brady is still leading. I doubt it's all natural, but 40-fucking-2. Jesus.

Curious to see what his throws look like come December.

6. The concern with Samuels is pass protection.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The problem with Roethlisberger is he probably won't be 100 percent when the 2020 season starts and he has guarantees against injury for the 2020 and 2021 season. It is no sure thing that he will play again and the team is going to be stuck with a hell of a lot of dead money for two seasons if he can't. Even if Rudolph steps up and shows he can be the starter, they would still be stuck with Roethlisberger as a very expensive backup. I'm not sure anybody would want to take on that contract for a 38-year-old quarterback coming off Tommy John surgery.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Also, he's really not better than a healthy Conner. Sadly, we don't see that very often.

9. As OOP said, the 1st fumble was no gift. It was a good play by the defense.

PK was all over Big Ben this preseason for noting he led the league in passing yards. You know, he out-gunned everyone: Brees, Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, Foles .,. he out-threw them all, which is great .. until you remember they MISSED the playoffs!
    And typically when QBs have big passing numbers, its to compensate for a lack of running game or having to pass, because you are losing. Yeah, great season passing - if you over look the INTs (like the Week 1 Cleveland game).

The 'Burgh, may still go 8-8. I think this is a lost season, but should still be competitive.

10. And NO one is going to want to trade for him .... .... ... except the Raiders!

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Did anyone follow what the fuck Booger said about the wild cat? I want to insert the Billy Madison "we award you no points" into the ESPN feed

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s pop Warner football out there. QB can stand in the pocket an extra moment knowing that he’s not going to get hit too hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted