1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 NFL: Bills Go for State Championship of either New York or New Jersey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

He looked great.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That's like asking if he's breathing.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Steelers shouldn't even play Rudolph. They should try to outtank Miami for Tua.

4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Not to mention the black in the back on Barron's fumble return TD cost them points. They were getting to Wilson, especially in the second half. But the fucking missed tackles, especially on Seattle's last drive when it was 3rd and 16, are fucking maddening. That just can't happen there.

Moncrief is dog shit.

Big Ben was obviously not right even before he went out.

Rudolph looked good.

Tomlin is never not out-coached. He had the players before to cover up for his mistakes. But now that the offense is pedestrian, the overall play gets exposed.

5. CD Boogie

You must be joking.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm joking.

7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The Seahawks gifted them two fumbles that resulted in touchdowns. I’m not sure how you think they should have won that game. If anything, it shouldn’t have been that close.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The first fumble wasn't a gift. It was a great play by Watt to force the fumble. Sometimes you have to give the defender credit for making a great play. You could argue that the teams exchanged gift turnovers in the second half. The Seahawks' interception was a ball that went right through the hands of a Steelers receiver.

The Steelers had a great shot to win that game, but they didn't and honestly, they are done. There is no way that team is making the playoffs without Roethlisberger. I'm not sure they could have dug out of an 0-2 hole and made it with him.

I hadn't seen a link on the story, so here is the one from NFL.com.

Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) out for the year

9. outofplace

What is a black in the back? :)

The block in the back on Barron's fumble return didn't cost the Steelers points because they scored a touchdown on that possession. That was Conner's touchdown.

I do agree regarding Moncrief. Supposedly, he has an injured finger. If it's so bad that he can't catch at all, he should be inactive or on IR. No way he should be playing right now.

I don't think it is clear when Roethlisberger hurt the elbow. He was seen trying to loosen up the arm very early in the game. It sure seems like the medical staff and coaches missed something and left him in too long. This is probably a wasted season, so at least they get to see what they have in Rudolph.

I'm not sure if Wilson's scramble on the third-and-15 was about scheme, execution or both. They should have had somebody spy on him rather than rush, especially after he had taken off twice on that possession. Maybe that's what Dupree was supposed to be doing, as he is the one who failed to make the tackle. If Dupree takes a decent angle and gets him after a shorter gain, the Seahawks likely kick and the Steelers' offense at least gets a chance to try to win it.

10. outofplace

That extension they gave Roethlisberger is a killer. I don't know if there is any way they can get some relief for next season if he can't come back.

As I already mentioned, the only positive right now is they get to see what they have in Rudolph. It's going to be a long season. I've seen seasons that I thought they were unlikely to make the playoffs a week or two in. Last year was one of them. But I don't remember being this sure they were out of it this early in a very long time.

11. CD Boogie

Something to consider before you throw gasoline on their season: They have a very soft schedule, especially if the Browns prove to be dog shit. It's not unreasonable that they could be 4-4 when Rams come to town. Then later they have Cards, Bills, Jets and Bengals again.

upload_2019-9-16_13-31-12.png

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Carson is prone to fumbling, regardless, they were set up twice deep in Seahawks territory because of the fumbles.

The Seahawks outgained them 425 to 261. Time if possession 35:40 to 24:14. Game was closer than it should have been.

Draft saved Draft deleted