1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 college football thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I was away all day Saturday. The extent of my viewing (unfortunately) was catching the tail end of the Auburn game in the hotel room and watching the ticker.

That said. I have one thing to say:

How the FUCK does Lloyd Carr have a job?

Oh, and piss on you Wolverines.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Usually, there's only one preseason top-10 team that bombs out each year. This time, it seems like at least four (Va. Tech, Michigan, Wisconsin, maybe even West Virginia) are overrated to some degree. Has there ever been a year with this many upsets and so-so performances from the top teams?

And how many first-place votes does LSU steal from USC? Even though, from its first two games, Va. Tech looks a bit overrated, that was a damned impressive performance from the Tigers.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So will the Iowa-Penn State game be the one that decidest he Big 10 title?

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ohio State's defense has looked very good so far. If they can figure out some offense, and I think coach sweatervest will, they'll be in that mix.

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

If they beat the Huskies by 10+ on the road and dominate the statistics, I'll be inclined to agree with you.

6. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

If I'm Iowa, I'm pissed that I don't have the luxury of facing this Godawful Michigan team.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think its defense will be enough to carry it through that game. They've only given up two field goals in two warm-ups.

Laurenitis (defending Nagurski award winner) and the rest of them are a very good unit.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The coaches poll is a joke with Auburn ranked higher than South Florida. Is Hawaii the last non-BCS team with a shot at a BCS bid? I don't see TCU getting that far up unless the Longhorns go on a tear and beat all of their remaining opponents worse than the Horned Frogs.

I'm looking forward to the Boise-Wyoming game this weekend, Alabama-Arkansas and Tenn-Fla. W. Virginia also gets its first test with Maryland.

9. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Watching the last one, finally, after recording it. Michigan's up 7-0 with 12:31 left in the first quarter.

Big Ten Network play-by-play guy: "What a start for the Wolverines!"

Draft saved Draft deleted