1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 college football thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That was me. Apparently Louisville should take some lessons from Cincy. I think Oregon State is playing without its starting QB and best OL, but still the Beavers are getting violated.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Just kidding around 'Gola. Middle Tennessee is making Louisville's D look bad, they may be down 116, but they're close to the Cardinals 20 again.

3. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Well, looks like Louisville will survive the Blue Raider juggernaut. Can't wait to see what WVU does against them.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Pardon the interruption, but ...

Appalachian State Upset of Michigan highlights College Football's Greatest Upsets Marathon Wednesday Starting at 1 p.m., ET

Appalachian State's 34-32 upset victory over Michigan will cap College Football's Greatest Upsets Marathon Wednesday beginning at 1 p.m., ET on ESPN Classic. The nine-hour marathon features some of college football's most memorable upsets according to the SportsNation Poll:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/rank?versionId=1&listId=34&univ.

The schedule (all times ET):
    1-3 p.m. 1998 Michigan State 28, Ohio State 24 (MSU rallies from a 24-9 deficit in the third quarter to derail the #1 Buckeyes)

3-5 p.m. 1993 Boston College 41, Notre Dame 39 (BC connects on a 41-yard field goal in the final seconds over the #1 Irish)

5-8 p.m. 2003 Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State 31, Miami 24 (Double overtime game in which OSU wins national title, ending #1 Miami's 34-game win streak)

8-10 pm. 2007 Appalachian State 34, Michigan 32 (A late field goal and a blocked field goal enables Appalachian State to defeat Michigan, becoming the only former I-AA school to defeat a former I-A school in history)

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If only they could show KU's 23-3 upset of top-ranked Oklahoma from 1975. Or Penn State beating Miami in the 1987 Fiesta Bowl. Or Temple beating VaTech in 1998.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

What about Penn State-Minnesota in 1999?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oregon State should have just punted on first down tonight or direct snapped to Bernard. They were awful, their qbs looked liked they'd just been dragged off the street. Apparently they haven't gotten to the chapter on looking off your receivers. I expect Arizona State to beat them by at least 20, and it pains me to say that. Maybe we can get one of NDs back-ups.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

What do you think Oregon does against Michigan Dan? Bounce back for the Wolverines, or does Oregon, which as everyone has been pointing out runs a similar spread as Appy State, make the Big House groan again?

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Michigan looked a lot better in the second half against state and Oregon QB Dixon can run. If Oregon can keep within 10 by the end of the first quarter I think they'll do okay, but I'd want 14 points before I thought about betting the Ducks to cover. I don't think the Ohio State bookstore will be stocking up on Oregon gear next week.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Eat a bowl of dicks. :D

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sorry, man, had to bring that one up. Seems like Temple's gone winless since then ... if anyone realized the Owls still have a team.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Stupid Temple. Stupid Miami of Ohio. Stupid Tech for losing to both on Homecoming.

Draft saved Draft deleted