1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 2 college football thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Sep 6, 2007.

1. WS

WS Member

I could easily see LSU winning 24-7. That defense is very good, and Va Tech's offense isn't.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I hope they have a stretcher ready for Glennon. That offensive line is going to get him hurt.

And Moddy ... I heart Glennon.

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Does Mangino get bigger ad bigger every year? Pretty soon they're going to need a student trainer to wheel his big ass up and down the sideline on a dolly. Reminds me of what Pat Williams once said of Stanley Roberts -- "whoever said no man is an island has never seen him in a swimming pool."

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'd bet against the spread. VT's not going to give the game away like Mississippi State did.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Oh horsey poo poo. You have a tat of Tyrod on your ass.
    The last guy to see it told me.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Louisville-Middle Tennessee State University, college football at its finest.

7. Hustle

Hustle Guest

A shame I won't get to see that ND-Penn State game (working).

An even bigger shame I won't get to see it back in my hometown, where there was a pretty even split between PSU and ND fans. Both schools had their traveling offseason caravans come through...

I could never figure out why the Irish were so huge there. I guess just the Catholic influence, which is considerable.

(And yes, I realize they're big everywhere, but it seemed odd to have such a stark divide; the area was also about 85 percent Eagles fans, 10 Giants and five 'other'.)

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That was fresh.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's those damn Catholics at that damn brewery ...

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

How about Brohm from Louisville?

11 minutes left in the first quarter and he is 2-for-3 for 152 yards and 2 touchdowns. Good stuff.

11. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Lousiville 21, MTSU 14, 10:37 to go, first quarter.

Yes, that is accurate.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

2:22 left, 1st quarter.

Louisville 28
    MTSU 21

This Cardinals defense couldn't stop me, Bubbler, Jones and eight pregnant midgets.

Draft saved Draft deleted