1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 16 NFL thread: The Jason Garrett/Jim Schwartz Death Watch begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 17, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2013/12/17/Tomlin-Woodley-out-for-Sunday-possibly-season/stories/201312170133

Anybody want an overpriced, injury-prone outside linebacker with questionable conditioning?

I really can't believe that I've gotten to that point with LaMarr Woodley, who the Steelers put on IR today, but he just hasn't been the same player since he got the big contract.

2. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The Jets and Browns should just play each other every week, compete in their own two-team division. They belong together. They are each others' spirit animal.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

This. It's a cold, hard world out there and you can't keep living off plays you made four years ago. With their season on the line, the Saints need a kicker they can trust, and they can't trust Hartley.

Fact is, they were ready to cut him a month ago, then he hit three big ones in the fourth quarter against San Francisco and that bought him some time. But that time has run out.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

These guys always land on their feet, as members of the fraternal order of kickers, but 22 of 30 so far in '13 wasn't THAT bad, I thought. I wish they could have done it in the offseason but, yes, there is a Super Bowl appearance to be had here.
    One of our twin boys is named after Garrett, so it stings a bit to see him out on the tiles.
    I know he'll land safely.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

22 of 30 is that bad.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Depends on where the misses are. If most of those eight misses are from 45 out, can't blame him as much. If he's missing chip shots, then yeah.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He is 1 for 1 from 50+.

He is 5 for 8 from 30-39.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

"What do you think of their execution?"

[​IMG]

"I'm in favor of it."

9. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Half of Hartley's misses this year are from 40 yards or less.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"Reflective" glory?

More epic Bleacher Report hackery.

Pathetic.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

And shocker. There's already been several other "sources" who have come out to refute just about everything in the Bleacher Report story. First, Cole fucked up the QB coach thing. He's never on the field during games. Always up in the booth. Cole went back and corrected that. And apparently, RG2 has been at Redskins Park like 4 times -- total -- in the last year or so. Quite the pain in the ass!!!

Isn't this fun?

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Percy Harvin update. Current season stats: 1 game, 1 target, 1 reception, 17 yards.

Draft saved Draft deleted