1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

week 15 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Herbert Anchovy, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

At least we aren't arguing about your boy Michael Vick.

And HB, I didn't feel like starting a new topic to ask about Hasselbeck, so I thought I would just put it in here.

2. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Whither Tank Johnson?

(am I d_bing here?)

Weapons charges.

What's next? Alex Brown prostitution ring?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I just wonder why there isn't an all-purpose fantasy thread.

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Snippet from ESPN.com:

John Clayton repeats...

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The wind might affect passing games? Really? [/sarcasm]

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I heard a radio ad today mentioning the NFL Network has games tonight (SF vs. Seahawks) and Saturday (Dallas vs. Atlanta). I could have sworn I heard that Dick Vermeil would be working the Cowboys game. I went to NFL Network and after a lot of checking figure this is what will happen.

From NFL Network's site ... Due to scheduling conflicts, Cris Collinsworth will work six of NFL Network's games with a yet-to-be-determined analyst paired with Gumbel on the Dec. 16 and Dec. 23 contests.

I figure Vermeil is the yet-to-be determined analyst since the broadcasters' page hasn't been updated since the start of the season. I know this doesn't affect any fantasy football fans, and it might not affect many others since NFL Network isn't in many homes, but I'm just saying ...

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I have to say, this Thursday night NFL thing is doing nothing for me. I don't get NFL Network, but I really don't care about it.

Another thought. With all these games being proliferated at the end of the season, if you get NFLNET that'll be at least seven games a weekend, isn't this going to squeeze Sunday Ticket a bit. There are so many games on, and usually involving the top games, esp. on Sunday and Monday night, might not the market die a little?

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Vermeil is the analyst TBA. Bryant Gumbel said it on last week's Steelers-Browns uglyfest..

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dear Bryant: In football we call it a quarter, not a period. So when you say the score is '7-0 in the second period,' you sound like, you know, an idiot.

If I heard that wrong, I will retract.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

For those actually watching the game, is the weather affecting the game much?

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Wekk, this is the same guy who has said, "His return is debateable," as opposed to "questionable." So I'm guessing you probably heard right there.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Sadly, Bryant just blows. It's not like I care much about the games on a Thursday (honestly, wtf?) and while I tried to get into it, and while I like Gumbel in other settings, this is just a disaster. No way he's back next year.

Draft saved Draft deleted