1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 15 NFL thread: The Mike Shanahan Death Watch begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Dec 10, 2013.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Cousins has looked good on 2 plays against Baltimore and the game he started against Cleveland. He's looked like shit in his other three appearances (Atlanta last year; Denver and KC this year).

Unless he lights up over the final three games (he won't because his OL and receivers won't let him), he's certainly not going to be worth a 1st or 2nd rounder to anyone.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Kirk Cousins = Matt Flynn

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You are picking and choosing his 2012 highlights, there are a lot of NFL teams who'd love to have backups who did what he did vs Baltimore and Cle last year.

I like the move, what the hell else do the redskins have to lose?

On the other hand, I have never seen a starting NFL qb get thrown around by defenses like RG3 does. He has to have a competent backup.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Or Kevin Kolb.

I agree. But we saw how much $$$ that performance netted Flynn. I'm always wary of the QB who plays well when the outcome of the game doesn't matter or when expectations are low.

5. Mizzougrad96

In all seriousness, Rex Grossman is better than most NFL backups.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Picking and choosing? He appeared in three games last year and two this year. Aside from the Baltimore and Cleveland games, he's looked like ass. That's just fact.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

FIFY

8. Mizzougrad96

I will become a Redskins fan the rest of the season to make sure the Rams don't get Teddy Bridgewater. :D

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I have not seen a team mail it in like these assholes have in some time. I refuse to watch garbage like that. Call me a bandwagon fan if you will, but I've been a Skins fan since the 80s. I can't deal with shitty effort. I can deal with a loveable loser. I can't deal with hate-watching these fucktards.

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

To show my age, my first thought was Scott Mitchell.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

OTOH ... Brett Favre and Matt Schaub. It works the other way too.

Right now, though, the Skins' best bet to get value out of Cousins is to not play him. Maybe they go Grossman. Maybe they bring Brian Mitchell out of retirement as a three-week commemoration of the Bodybag Game.

12. Mizzougrad96

Wasn't my first thought, but he'd belong on that list. I'm not sure if I'd put Cassel there because he did it for a full season. Look at what the Packers got for Hasselbeck and he never made a start in GB.

Draft saved Draft deleted