1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 15 NFL Thread: Come to Minnesota and shovel snow!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Machine Head, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

TCF Bank Stadium and the Minnesota Vikings need your help:

The University of Minnesota is looking for volunteers to make major withdrawals from its Bank.

Faced with the daunting task of clearing TCF Bank Stadium of all that snow in time for Monday's Vikings game against the Chicago Bears, the U says that hardy shovelers will be welcomed at three times for four days starting Thursday.

http://www.startribune.com/local/111925474.html

We're going to get 3 -6 inches more starting later today so hurry!

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun!

So, what looks good on the schedule this week? Jets at Steelers could be one of the ugliest offensive games of the year. Packers at Patriots is only the slightest bit interesting if Aaron Rodgers plays.

Is it just wishful thinking on my part, or could the Saints just be a terrible matchup for the Ravens?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Eagles at Giants, Sunday, 1 p.m. (EST)

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Aren't the Jags and Colts playing this week, too? That's another playoffs-or-not game.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Schedule is tremendous this week. You also have playoff implications in the battle of Missouri, Falcons at Seahawks and Niners/Chargers on Thursday night.

And sorry Stiller fanbois, but the Eagles/Giants game is the headliner for this week's show.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Volunteer to shovel? Minnesota showing its ass again.

Packers at least pay people $8/hour to help shovel out Lambeau.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Most Viking fans probably pay somebody to shovel their own driveways. Why the fuck would they shovel off the field for free?

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking. But they advertise for slave labour in such a nice way:

"hardy shovelers will be welcomed at three times for four days starting Thursday."

Cheap fuckers. I hope no one shows up

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

They'll probably float the shovelers some game tickets.

To an exhibition game next August.

And I'm guessing the Vikings and/or the university will have them sign releases in case any of the helpers keels over from a heart attack and sees their personal clock strike 0.00 in section 110, row V seats 6-8.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And, on your way out, if you could drop some spare change in the bucket that will help pay for a new stadium, it would really help out.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm picturing something along the lines of the snowball game from the Meadowlands a few years ago taking place on Monday night. Especially if they get a liquor license. Actually, it may be worse if they don't get a license. The amount of smuggled-in booze will be off the charts.

I know a Gopher season ticket holder and he has said that the U doesn't do crowd control real well at the Bank.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

You people!

Haven't any of you ever heard of civic pride!?

Do any of you really think the Vikings can pay to have the snow removed? Where would the money come from for this unexpected expense?

The Vikings can't even afford to build a new stadium, for pete's sake!

Geez..

(Gutter, like the bucket idea. I'm forwarding that to Winter Park)

Draft saved Draft deleted