1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Dec 7, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Collinsworth is a Bengals' homer, but I don't mind him. I thought he was fine last night.

But I was grumbling about Gumbel from the opening kickoff, when he butchered Sean Morey's name, which he kept doing all game.

Their use of Marshall Faulk as a sideline reporter was pretty lousy, too. Not all Faulk's fault, really. The whole exchange between him and the booth was just sloppy.

2. Rich Eisen looks kind of uncomfortable out of the studio as well. I just don;t think his act works well outside fo the studio.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Is there any worse feeling than strolling into work to find that, yes, your fantasy football opponent did start Willie Parker last night.

Fucker.

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Trading for Liriano when he comes off the DL, only to see him leave in the second inning in what would eventually lead to Tommy John surgery in an AL keeper league. Yeah, happened to me when I bought low.

5. outofplace

Ouch. Yeah, that's worse. I turned down all kinds of deals for Liriano in one of my keeper leagues. That one's going to set me back a year or two.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

He's such a blatant anti-Steeler guy it's beyond annoying. Although I don't mind Collinsworth, his current ubiquitousness and pedestal placement (read: having him chime in via video during the second halves of Sunday night games) have definitely made him less tolerable. He's good, but he's not that good. He could certainly stand some reigning-in, at least in terms of exposure.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I think he was just uncomfortable because of the cold.

8. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Yeah, that he still has Larry Johnson to go.

Motherfucker.

9. outofplace

Well, just be happy that Willie Parker made them look bad. They were pretty critical about him early on.

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Amen.

11. joe

joe Active Member

The best thing about the Chefs choking it off against the Browns (the fucking Browns!) last weekend is that I can stop watching now instead of waiting until the end of the season for the seemingly inevitable kick to the crotch. No more skipping the gym on Sundays just to watch those fuckers tease me for another year. Unless, of course, they roll off three in a row. :)

12. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I thought the Monday night announcing crew was bad, but these guys on the NFL Network are much worse.

They've had months to get ready for this. How can they suck this much?

I'm starting to think the long-time networks, with established production teams, are the only ones that can do football right. ESPN and NFL Net have been awful this year.

Draft saved Draft deleted