1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 NFL running thread because no one else started it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Dec 10, 2015.

1. No help from the Titans today against the Jets.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I've never seen a forward progress call (or lack thereof) made like that with Antonio Brown. Yikes.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously, these officials could have at least had the courtesy to buy the Steelers dinner. Brown gets pushed back and the officials give the Bengals that yard. WTF?

That call was clearly wrong. Kirkpatrick grabs Martavis Bryant in the end zone before the ball arrives and no call. A.J. Green punts the ball into the stands after a touchdown and there is no call. Brown called for a crack-back block on a guy who was facing him. Somebody needs to read these guys the rule book at halftime.

4. trifectarich

Don't worry about passing the Jets today; they'll come back on their own in Weeks 15-17.

5. The Steelers aren't getting any calls today.

With Dalton hurt its not outside the realm of possibilities the Steelers could still win the division.
    Bengals have to lose three of four. Today, Denver and root for the Ravens or Niners.

6. Doesn't look like Chargers are going to be much help either.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

You'd have had better odds parlaying the rapture.

Also, and I realize this isn't news, the Falcons are dogshit.

8. trifectarich

Yes, depending on Dalton, anything's possible. Steelers have Denver next week.

9. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

They are like the Josh McDaniels Broncos. Fast start and then couldn't figure anything out.

10. Not to belabor the point but... Gay gets an excessive celebration penalty and there's NO call on Green putting the ball into the stands.

Whatever.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So, apparently, the rules against excessive celebration are only in play against the Steelers. (No question it was the right call. What William Gay just did was ridiculous. and stupid. I'd just like to see it called both ways.)

McCarron just made his first big mistake, a pick six to push Pittsburgh's lead to 23-7

12. I like the Steelers there for sole reason Denver finally - fucking finally! - comes to Pittsburgh.
    And I'm still not sold on Osweiller to deliver.

I like the Steelers to win both games ... And then shit get bed with Cleveland or Baltimore.

Draft saved Draft deleted