1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 NFL running thread because no one else started it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Dec 10, 2015.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thumb protocol ?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Breaking news. Dalton Done.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm screwed.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Dalton out for the game.

'yab beat me to it. Still not trusting the Pittsburgh defense. Watch them make McCarron look good.

5. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Cinci's defense is the one to be concerned about; it looks quite mediocre.

6. outofplace

Horrible call against the Steelers just now. Brown called for an illegal crack-back block even though the defender saw him coming and turned to face him well before contact. A Bengal grabbed his facemask after the play with no call at all. Steelers were driving, but ended up having to settle for a field goal.

Steelers up 10-0 and the Bengals may have just lost Eifert as well. Looks like he was headed off for the concussion protocol.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At least we know the reason behind next month's version of the annual Bengals playoff flameout.

8. outofplace

They are getting some help. Horrible pass interference call against the Steelers with no receiver within 15 yards of the ball. It certainly could have been defensive holding, but not interference.

This one could get ugly. It was chippy from the start and the officials warned both sidelines that somebody is going to get tossed.

9. Dalton done and Efiert out. Bengals are toast today.
    Man, I hate that for them. Seriously. I was pretty confident coming into the game the Steelers would win regardless. I hope the injuries are short term, but the cast doesn't look good.
    Bengals are snake bit.

Steelers are getting all kinds of stupid penalties.

10. outofplace

Both teams are doing it. So far, the Bengals are getting away with the bullshit.

11. outofplace

Kirkpatrick grabs Bryant well before the ball arrives. Bryant fails to haul in what would have been a touchdown, so the failure to flag the obvious interference costs Pittsburgh a first down at the one. Steelers again settle for a long field goal attempt. Boswell hits to push the lead to 13-0, but the officiating has been awful so far.

12. outofplace

And now the Bengals are within six because the Steelers' secondary is awful. Horrible coverage and worse tackling. Of course, Green kicks the ball into the stands with no penalty. WTF?

Draft saved Draft deleted