1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 NFL running thread because no one else started it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Herschel Walker, I think saw a couple of the same teams when he started with Dallas and finished with Minnesota in '89.
    John Hadl also suited up for the Rams and Packers against the same couple of teams; the Lions and Niners in 1974.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

There's another John Hadl mention ... a couple in the same week, Wow!

I think the failure to start this thread is an indicator of the overall enthusiasm for NFL football at the moment. No, it's not by any stretch a dead entity but the product is as unappealing to the general public as has been seen in several years.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This might be the most delusional post that has been posted here.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I think this board, for the most part, doesn't care about the NFL and I think the public feels the same way, especially until the postseason starts. As a well-known poster here, JC, what do you think?

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Week 13 had 23 pages.
    The other week 13 thread six pages.
    Week 12 had 12 pages.
    The other week 12 had 6 pages.

The entire NBA thread , for a season that started almost 2 months ago, is 10 pages long.

You are insane.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Well, let's not get carried away. :) Plenty of interest, but unless something truly interesting happens, I don't think it's all that worthwhile to discuss random games here.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Then don't.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Lighten up, Francis. I will if the mood strikes. At least until oop shows up for the Steelers-jack. Just explaining why there isn't a clamor to start a thread to discuss a Cards-Vikes game.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My love for the NFL right now is entirely tied to drinking beer and eating wings during the games on Sunday afternoon. That, and watching to see how the 'Skins find a way to screw up today's game in Chicago.

BDC99 and JackReacher like this.
  11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

They're tied for first! The Bears have been as bad at home as the Skins have been on the road. Should be quite a game.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I don't even know why I watch anymore. This is gonna be brutal.

Draft saved Draft deleted