1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 14 College Football: Holy Tebow! A Civil War for the Rose Bowl?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Nah ... JoePa will coach until he dies.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Don't suggest a second thread or you'll be twerped down...

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

According to the article, he is going to have to some unspecified job in the athletic department, which is what the school should do. It is the right thing after all he's done for the school.

And Jimbo Fisher wanted the keys to the castle, well, he's got them and he's got about a year, maybe two before people start bitching if he doesn't get it turned around.

I found the one thing in that article to be very interesting -- that the Gator Bowl would like to select FSU if Bowden is going to coach the Bowl game.

A 6-6 team in a Jan. 1st bowl game.....yep, it is a system we need to keep around.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Bama 20, Florida 14
    Texas 24, Nebraska 10
    Oregon 35, Oregon State 31
    Wisconsin 38, Hawaii 24

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Can't see Nebraska staying within 21 of Texas. Sure, they can play some defense. But so can Texas. And Nebraska's offense really, really sucks.

I think Florida beats Bama, and the Ducks win the Civil War. The latter game will likely feature uglier unis than Saturday's Border War in Kansas City, which isn't easy to do.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I knda liked KU's unis on Saturday. They had a bad 70s throwback feel to them.

At the very least they should stick with that helmet.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A chance for locals to give a legend a proper farewell.

Only in college football, thank Tebow.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Maybe.

I could give a shit what they wear, as long as they lose in it. The red on blue was much too busy. Their best look is the blue jerseys, with the gray pants with the blue stripe.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

On the sidelines, literally.

10. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

According to the Times-Union, Gator says it wants FSU-WVU to create one more matchup between Bowden and his former school. Could there be a loophole in the Gator-ACC contract, which expires after this season?

http://ow.ly/HpM9

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

There will have to be some serious rule-bending to get FSU in the Gator Bowl.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Loved the helmets, a definite throwback to the '80s. The red-on-blue scheme, I'm not so sure about. Agreed, too busy.

Draft saved Draft deleted