1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Lions-Packers is a pretty good way to start off Thanksgiving...

Broncos-Chiefs II: Electric Boogaloo

Eagles-Cardinals game has more meaning than anyone thought it would

Saints and Seahawks has to be the best MNF game so far this season.

2. Mizzougrad96

If you're the Lions and you can't win the North with Cutler and Rodgers out for extended periods of time, shouldn't you just give up? :)

Rodgers practiced today, still unlikely to play Thursday.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh at Baltimore belongs in the discussion of the better games this week, which is kinda sad given that both teams are 5-6. It seems very likely that one of the six teams with that record is going to make the playoffs. Both teams have played better of late after rough starts. The winner would even seem to have a glimmer of hope of catching the Bengals. Add in that it is still one of the league's best rivalries and that should be a good Thursday night show.

4. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I think the Lions should be better than they are. Just seems to me they have the talent to be a 12-win team and never get to that level. Best WR in the NFL. Dirtiest DT in the NFL. An above average QB, a good RB. I feel like they underachieve every year. But I guess this is the Lions we're talking about.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

And their coach is a freakin' idiot.

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Lions are favored in their Thanksgiving game for the first time since 2000 - a game Tom Brady made his NFL debut in.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Maybe something to that. I don't think their talent level is all that superior, but when a team has lost big for a long, long time, I think there is some truth to changing the culture.

Back a number of years ago when they played in the Silverdome, they had a few years when they couldn't win an outdoor road game to save their souls. Not even at Tampa some seasons. Talk was the team was soft. I hear that a lot about dome teams; don't know that it's universally true, but there might be some cases. NFC North is a real toss-up. Packers are still very much in the hunt despite going 0-3-1 without Rodgers.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Packers lineman Josh Sitton on the Lions:

"They're a bunch of dirt bags or scumbags. I mean, that's just how they play. That's how they're coached.

"That starts with their frickin' coach. That starts with their head coach, Schwartz. He's a d***, too. I wouldn't want to play for him.

"It starts with him and their D-coordinator and their D-line coach. They're all just scumbags and so are the D-line."

Somewhere in there he should have said "except Calvin Johnson," but other than that, yep.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

Takes a scumbag to recognize another one.
    The Packers have been the queens of late hits for a few seasons now.

10. Mizzougrad96

Sitton is dead on. It seems directed at the defense and when he's right, he's right.

I don't think anyone has too many issues with anyone on the offensive side of the ball, other than maybe Raiola.

11. Mizzougrad96

Is Fairley considered a dirty player?

Suh and Moseley (sp?) are among the dirtiest players in the league.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

I don't want to hear about dirty play from traditional, gonad-hugging fans of the S.F. 49ers.

Draft saved Draft deleted