1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 30, 2006.

1. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

VY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Wow. Rob Bironas with a 60 yard field goal. Titans 20, Colts 17 with 7 seconds left.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Jeff Fisher is a helluva coach.

4. Chuck~Taylor

Vince Young is a Manning slayer :)

5. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Why do I get the feeling Peyton and friends are heading for another postseason flop?

6. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Because they've lost two in a row and aren't scoring very many points?

7. Chuck~Taylor

Because you should be feeling that way.

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Rex Grossman's got to go. He's going to cost the Bears a shot at the Super Bowl.

9. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I think Gunther Cunningham's reign as KC's defensive coordinator should end... like right now. I don't think he should be allowed back on the team plane.

KC finished off a beautiful 99-yard, EIGHT FUCKING MINUTE touchdown drive to go up by 14. There was EIGHT FUCKING MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME!!!

What Gunter "I work 23 hours a day" Cunningham failed to realize is that the clock is now his friend. With a 14-point lead, you can afford one touchdown. But what you can't do is give it to them for free. So Mr. Yellow Glasses calls an all-out blitz near midfield with EIGHT FUCKING MINUTES LEFT, which Somebody Anderson exploits with a shovel pass. 53 yards, free of charge.

I'm sure all the Herm-bashers will be out in force, but this game started to unravel for KC with that fucking shovel pass. The blitz was unnecessary, they couldn't contain the lead-footed Somebody Anderson, they played 10 yards off when Cleveland was eight yards from the end zone... fucking Christ.

Of course, all of this ultimately doesn't matter. Even if KC was going to the playoffs, the reward would've been a first-round loss at Baltimore or some shit. But goddam, if you don't have enough sense to protect a 14-point lead against Cleveland and Somebody Anderson, you really have no business going.

Thanks KC, for another December collapse. I can hardly wait until the Royals' annual 10-game April losing streak.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Gee they lost that game to the Eagles I watched last Sunday when it appeared they rolled the fuck over everyone? Man, you turn the TV off with five minutes left and a 20-something point lead goes away. Wow.

11. Bullrog

Bullrog Member

3-3 and a TD on his first drive.
    And I benched Eli as well in favor of Delhomme.

He's also costing the Bears to waste a shitload of money on Muhsin Muhammad. Last I checked he had one catch for five yards.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Three catastrophic turnovers by Kitna in the last 8:00 of the game. Gee, there's a surprise. But they like his "veteran leadership." ::) ::)

BTW, it's pretty clear by now: Marinelli is an idiot. Lions burn their final timeout with 13:11 to play in the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted