1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Nov 30, 2006.

1. Because the crazed disciplinarian is as nutty as a fruitcake and loses every team he coaches at some point.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Yet teams will keep rehiring retreads such as Coughlin instead of thinking outside the box and hiring a deserving assistant.

3. aspiring

aspiring Member

Couldn't agree more. Look at the 2 teams that DID take the chance on hiring assistant coaches. Sean Paytion has his Saints performing WELL above expectation and Eric Mangini is doing the same with the J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets.

I think these 2 guys are doing a hell of a job. Paytin might even be coach of the year.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Time for a new broom, troll.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

The funniest thing about Mr. Discipline Coughlin is that he's totally out of control on the sidelines.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but how long did it take to lose Jax? Seven or eight years?

No doubt he's a nutcase but he's never had a fair shot in New Jersey with the loser locker room lawyers refusing to buy into the program. I still believe he'd work with a very young team. Alas, since the NFL's not expanding again any year soon, it looks like he's back to college. Can Bama wait long enough for him?

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

A new broom sweeps clean, but the old brush knows all the corners.

Unless the old brush is jw. You lose, man. And -- baaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

The Daily News already wrote the obligatory "Charlie Weis would be the leading candidate for Coughlin's job" story today.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Campbell's gone, but I just snagged Anderson. Need one win in final two weeks to make the playoffs. The Vestal Virginians were 8-3 but lost last week, even with a starting Plummer (our league is slanted towards QBs to ridiculous extremes -- Plummer would get me more points than Frank Gore every week). I hope Charlie Frye is DEAD. Or at least his wrist hurts for a few weeks.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Yeah, retreads suck. [/BelicheckTorreShanahanMcKeonetc.]

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now would be the time for you to come on here and admit you said wrote something really stupid, Jason. I know I'll be very curious to see if you do so.

By the way, did you make sure you were sure who won and who lost before filling out your top 25 this week?

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Yeah, because no NFL team ever hires assistants (Lovie Smith, Romeo Crennel, Marvin Lewis, Brad Childress, Mike Nolan, Scott Linehan, Jack Del Rio, Gary Kubiak, Jim Mora, John Fox, Mike McCarthy, Rod Marinelli, Andy Reid ...).

Draft saved Draft deleted