1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 NFL Thread: Laces OUT, Dan!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CitizenTino, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why not bring in Brett Gardner? Does he slide head first?

Speaking of New Yorkers who think way too highly of themselves, I'll be in the Big Apple this weekend. I'm thinking a sports bar on Sunday afternoon is in the offing. Now, I can go to this Browns Backers bar and do what I do every week, only with a bunch of sad sacks from New York, or I can find a Giants sports bar and watch a bunch of Gothamites grip. Any recommendations on a true, blue-collar, Giant-watching experience?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Go to a place called scruffy duffy (or something like that) on about 40th or so. I did that once on an NFL Sunday and by the end of the first quarter left because it is full of Steelers fans......

3. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I'll be at the next three Browns games. I'm hoping at least one - but hopefully all three - will be played in conditions similar to the game I attended two years ago: http://tinyurl.com/bgzsdream

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Mustang will get really excited during a random game and post 5-10 times without anyone responding.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Big snow in Buffalo forecasted for Thursday. Major homefield advantage for the Bills that week.

The Bills, of course, playing before a mostly-empty house in Toronto. Fail.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Nothing good can come out of crossing a border to watch the Bills and Jets.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'd watch the game if they played on a CFL field, with CFL rules.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'd watch it over any college game, past or present. But this is a lousy matchup.

9. Crash

Crash Active Member

Fucccck. That.

I'd rather stab myself repeatedly than go sit in the snow to watch any NFL game, much less one involving the Browns.

10. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

New Orleans will be outdoors Sunday against Skins at noon.
    It will be interesting to see if they are emotionally drained from the Patriot preparation/game.

Short week for the Saints.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

If you are implying the Redskins will win this game, I would like to make a bet with you.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Let's see...young kid overwhelmed by the tasks ahead of him. Let's make him feel better by BRINGING IN THE BIGGEST MICRO-MANAGER IN SPORTS!!!! #fuckingfail

Reporter: "Mark you didn't slide in the third quarter and ended up breaking both legs. Why didn't you slide?"
    Sanchez: "Well I looked at the slide chart on my wrist and decided I had a better chance of reaching the pylon if I stepped first with my left foot, but I was already striding with my right foot, so I had to take another step, and by the time I did that, I got crushed."

On the bright side, though, I bet he ends up saving many stranded motorists on the Palisades Parkway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.