1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 NCAA Football Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 19, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

USC is ranked third in the nation in total defense and could have four first-round draft picks among its front seven. Lawrence Jackson is a freaking beast, which Rudy Carpenter can now attest to, painfully.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Anybody else in SEC country a little miffed that we won't see the first half of LSU-Arkansas, thanks to the six-hour long LFS game of the week (State and Ole Miss)?

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

T-minus 3 1/2 hours until Delaware-Delaware State. Good thing it's on ESPN, otherwise I couldn't watch it.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mayfly, this Delaware expatriate is wondering if he'll be the only person in Massachusetts to watch that game.

5. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I have a few friends in Massachusetts who are watching the game. Delaware's outreach goes quite far. Omar Cuff has a chance to shine on national television.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm watching Delaware State-UD today. It's better than watching the Callahan funeral on ABC.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

In case anyone wants to watch the ballgame today on ESPN, Delaware-Delaware State, you will get a chance to see an unheralded running back in Omar Cuff. The man is quietly compiling some great stats, even though he does play against forces like Northeastern, New Hampshire, and Navy. He leads the nation in scoring with 198 points, and has scored 33 touchdowns (29 rushing). He has an outside shot of being drafted in the later rounds in the NFL Draft next year.

8. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

That was pretty cool. I didn't notice it until the second half when ASU was near midfield and the overhead cam was right over it. Neato.

My preference for Heisman is ABT -- Anybody but Tebow. The more I see of that guy the more of a prick he appears to be.

Ole-Miss-MSU/LSU-Ark -- I'd rather miss the beginning of a game than the end, so I'm OK with that. I have this morbid interest in the Egg Bowl, and seeing Croom get seven wins would be sweet.

Georgia/title game -- it ain't gonna happen, but a man can dream, right?

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Omar Cuff is no bullshit. And with the right NFL team, he'd be a pretty good 3rd down back and kick returner. And to think he started his college career as a defensive back.

10. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Yup. He started as a defensive back but then the coaches needed a running back and asked if he could play there. He tried it out and as they say, the rest is history. He's close, if not already, to breaking a single-season touchdown record.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Erickson has taken this group about as far as he can. No way did ASU have the pure talent as USC, bu the Devils should take care of UofA next weekend. A loss to the Wildcats will piss away what has been earned already.

At least ASU will not be playing on Christmas Day.

How the hell did Stanford beat USC?

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Hell, I wish I could see the Egg Bowl. I'm getting fucking Colorado-Nebraska. Last one with the ball wins.

Draft saved Draft deleted