1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 College Football: Bedlam! Holy Wars! Backyard Brawls!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 23, 2009.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Not exactly hard to hit from 500 yards, if you know what I'm saying. I do think letting him go will be a step back for KU, not that I particularly mind.

Unfortunately, last year's gold monstrosities won't be the biggest uniform mistake Mizzou makes, now that Nike is introducing "Beast Mode" to the lexicon. Yeesh.

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I thought they were pretty sweet.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I think we should nuke Nike from high orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This seems like as good a place as any to point out that you may get your last dose of Al Groh as a head coach on Saturday.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

That was chickenshit whoever did that and took off. There's nothing wrong with venting on your team being bad, but sucker-punching Clausen in front of his parents and no one in the restaurant doing anything is fucking gutless.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I heard Randy Edsall's name thrown around for the Kansas job. I know the natural speculation is there because of his connection to the AD but as someone who spent one of the longer years of my life in Hartford ------

Kansas fans should say thanks but no thanks.

Edsall has been very good for UConn and frankly is perfect there. He is a guy who built a program basically and did it wisely. He built a good defense, recruits smart and wins with a power running game.

But if he went to the Big 12 he'd produce a perennial 6-6 team that never really competes for anything and every year leads the country in moral victories.

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

This post reeks of Truthâ„¢.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It's starting to sound like Ralph Friedgen is in some serious shit at Maryland. Fucking Debbie Yow needs to be reminded that she's not the fucking reason the athletic department makes money.

9. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

While I agree it's inexcusable, completely gutless, a couple things.

First, please note "early Sunday morning." Also, it said family members...not parents. Plus, it was CJ's Pub......while it's a place that makes a pretty famous burger, this almost CERTAINLY wasn't the only instance of someone getting punched there that evening. Late night, downtown bar, "outspoken" young man don't add up to many good things happening. Just sayin'....

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Tony Barnhart wrote in his blog that Alabama-Auburn isn't a rivalry.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

What's cultural about it?

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You should be rooting for Toronto. It's closer to home and it has great strip clubs (so I'm told). :)

I believe BYM's predicted margin of defeat for Pitt is exactly what he posted before the Notre Dame game, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted