1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 13 College Football: Bedlam! Holy Wars! Backyard Brawls!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I posted it on the other college football thread, but the replay of LSU-Ole Miss is on CBS College Sports right now. About to head to the fourth quarter.

2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Don't be shocked if the Pups give the Rebs all they want. It's at Starkvegas, Anthony Dixon is very underappreciated back and this is State's bowl game, so they've got nothing to lose by going balls to the wall. That said, their Swiss cheese pass defense will probably be too much to overcome, but I don't think you'll see another 45-0 face-plant like last year.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I think it'll be about like the MSU-Alabama game. State will hang around for a while, but Ole Miss is just better. Their defense will keep State in check, McCluster will get rolling and break off a big run or two, and the Rebels win 31-10.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wyoming, with its Border War victory over Colorado State on Friday, will become bowl-eligible. Various projections have the Cowboys headed for the New Mexico, Humanitarian or Armed Forces1 bowls.

UW always travels well, but I don't think anybody expected this bunch of Cowboys to get a bowl bid.

1The one in Fort Worth.

5. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

This is why the NFL sucks -- The Titans and Texans have spent the entire second half playing keep away

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Post in the wrong thread there, mate?

7. 2muchcoffeeman

He does look a wee bit lost ... bit green around the gills, too.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Pokes-Vandals in Boise. A match made in ... someplace. It's only an 11-hour drive from Laramie to Boise, if the roads are clear.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

MWC only has a one-year deal with the Hum Bowl and with TCU going to the BCS, the league may only have four teams for five bids. Looks like BYU to the Las Vegas Bowl and Utah to the Poinsettia, so that leaves Air Force and Wyo to the Armed Forces and New Mexico. Can't imagine the league will spurn two bowls it has longstanding ties with for the one-year wonder, so I figure the Hum Bowl is the odd bowl out. Not sure the Armed Forces Bowl committee will want USAFA for three straight years and ABQ is a couple hours from the Springs, so maybe Wyo goes to Fort Worth.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I-80 in Wyoming is never clear in December.

Never

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Among the perks of playing quarterback at Notre Dame: Getting sucker-punched by a fan while leaving a restaurant with your folks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4684326

12. 2muchcoffeeman

There are also issues in September, October and November. And January, February and March. April's not certain, either. Pretty much anything west of Cheyenne is going to be in doubt and the alternate routes are ... well, you're better off just saying "Fuck it" and stopping at Little America.

Draft saved Draft deleted