1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 19, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No reasonable football fan ever thought Ditka was a coaching genius on the level with Johnson and Parcells.

2. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

I think the fact that the players carried Buddy Ryan off the field in the Super Bowl is proof not even the players thought Ditka was a genius.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Ryan didn't exactly set the world on fire at his later coaching stops. Can't remember if he ever won a playoff game as a head coach or not.

Point is, just because a guy has success in one place is no indicator of how he'll do somewhere else and I think we're seeing that with Shanahan now.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

"Reasonable football fan" is an oxymoron on the level of "jumbo shrimp" and "government intelligence."

I don't know that anyone thought Ditka was a coaching genius, but I seem to recall fans in New Orleans hailing him as the guy who could take the Saints to the Promised Land (pun intended).

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dwayne Bowe has got to be the most underachieving wideout in the game.

Draft saved Draft deleted