1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 12 NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Nov 18, 2014.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Any time you see a 68-yard or something field goal in high school ball, it's probably because of this rule. Of course, high school kickers get a tee on place kicks anyway.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Yeah, that'll really get people to trudge through hell in order to help out.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The interesting part there was that the Patriots player could have, and probably should have, returned the kick. Everyone was standing around. I wonder if he could have broken one the other way if he ran instead of taking a knee.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How is a volunteering if they are getting paid?

5. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Being able to sign a running back this late in the season who knows your playbook is enormous. Belichick can ride the hot hand, whether it's Gray, Blount or Vereen, and it's hard to imagine that won't be tremendously effective going forward.

The Steelers are idiots for cutting Blount and not suspending him.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The best thing Blount can do is look for a short-term rental.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Somewhere in football heaven Charlie Jones is always doing a 4 p.m. EST AFC West game.

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Wonderful memories from my youth of watching games he called. One of the reasons I've been a lifelong NFL fan.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Seahawks starting MLB Bobby Wagner is practicing again ... may play on Sunday vs. the Cardinals:

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/Bobby-Wagner-steps-back-in-at-middle-linebacker/cadbf431-8441-4c0e-95b2-e554740e4ee8

With the crowded field of NFC wildcard contenders, Sunday's basically a "must win" for Seattle.

10. RecoveringJournalist

Yeah, the NFC Wild Card is going to be nuts the rest of the way, or at least until Detroit, Philadelphia or Dallas starts to falter, assuming one of them does.

It will not surprise me at all if the two Wild Card spots wind up going to the runner-up in the North and the runner-up in the East and Seattle and San Francisco are left home.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Detroit is ready to do Detroit things.

12. RecoveringJournalist

You would certainly think so. But even if they lose this weekend the schedule is ridiculously favorable the rest of the way.

Draft saved Draft deleted